T-Mobile lets Sprint customers in.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Finally as a Sprint customer was given the green light from T-Mobile today to joint T-Mobile Tuesdays.

Grabbed me a free LG Starbucks coffee.
And My service has been 👍

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Good, that means MLB AtBat will be transitioning to a free app. I do notice that my Sprint splash screen was removed at the latest update, yet to be replaced by another. :eek:

Glad I held off my annual subscription! With the shortened season, I just went monthly, at the start of actual play, and what I've saved in Google Opinion Rewards covers the period before the change.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Good, that means MLB AtBat will be transitioning to a free app. I do notice that my Sprint splash screen was removed at the latest update, yet to be replaced by another. :eek:

Glad I held off my annual subscription! With the shortened season, I just went monthly, at the start of actual play, and what I've saved in Google Opinion Rewards covers the period before the change.

MLB what a mess,!!!
Please God don't let the NFL football season go down the tubes!
But if you have to, then So be it. SAFETY FIRST

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile Tuesdays is great.

10 cent/gallon discount on gas every week. (July had 25 cent discount/gallon)

Discounts on food. (BK, Dunkin Donuts, Popeyes etc)

Giveaways (hats, coffee mugs etc at T-Mobile stores)

Free MLB at bat every year

So much more I don't have time to list everything.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
The highlight of TMo Tue is definitely the MLB subscription. And maybe winning one of the trips or jackpot drawings. Everything else, meh. All the other stuff seemed to come with some restrictions; like having to sign up for some service or app, or a co-purchase, etc. And even though it's free, I definitely will not be getting some pink, branded TMo merchandise to help advertise for them. But that's just me.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
The highlight of TMo Tue is definitely the MLB subscription. And maybe winning one of the trips or jackpot drawings. Everything else, meh. All the other stuff seemed to come with some restrictions; like having to sign up for some service or app, or a co-purchase, etc. And even though it's free, I definitely will not be getting some pink, branded TMo merchandise to help advertise for them. But that's just me.

For me it's gas discount. My SUV has a 44 gallon tank.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Going for it!
Found out today Sprint customers can get T-Mobile Sims. Of course your phone must be GSM capable and my Note 10 plus is just that.

I'm javing Sprint mail me a sim for T-MOBILE. I will post speeds with Sprint Sim before sim swap out and upgrade profile to T-Mobile.

Then I'll post the after effect.

I didn't know Sprint customers could go this now. They said this started on 8-1-2020.

Cross everything 😅

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Going for it!
Found out today Sprint customers can get T-Mobile Sims. Of course your phone must be GSM capable and my Note 10 plus is just that.

I'm javing Sprint mail me a sim for T-MOBILE. I will post speeds with Sprint Sim before sim swap out and upgrade profile to T-Mobile.

Then I'll post the after effect.

I didn't know Sprint customers could go this now. They said this started on 8-1-2020.

Cross everything 😅

The only issue with being a Sprint customer and going with the TMobile sim is that you will no longer be able to connect to Sprint towers. Using the Sprint sim, you will connect not only to Sprint but TMobile.
I chose to keep my Sprint sim since I travel a lot plus travel country roads where service can be scarce. Better to have usage of both carriers than one.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
The only issue with being a Sprint customer and going with the TMobile sim is that you will no longer be able to connect to Sprint towers. Using the Sprint sim, you will connect not only to Sprint but TMobile.
I chose to keep my Sprint sim since I travel a lot plus travel country roads where service can be scarce. Better to have usage of both carriers than one.

Aren’t Sprint towers being converted or already converted into T-Mobile as we're discussing? That’s been part of the quick and large scale rollout of the 5G network leaping past AT&T, VZW and it’s former pre-merger footprint.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Aren’t Sprint towers being converted or already converted into T-Mobile as we're discussing? That’s been part of the quick and large scale rollout of the 5G network leaping past AT&T, VZW and it’s former pre-merger footprint.

Sprint towers are still "Sprint." Whenever I was on and off the phone troubleshooting all week a few weeks ago with my tech advisor, we were just about to swap my sim over until we found the issue on my phone. He was VERY hesitant in having me to do this due to the areas I travel. One would think they are working in sync but they aren't. TMobile doesn't allow their sim to swap over to the Sprint towers whereas the Sprint sim uses both towers. Why? I cannot answer this but seemingly they are not fully merged in their own right.

5g comes straight from TMobile as the 5g on Sprint was deactivated. But all other bands from Sprint are still running strong and more towers while out traveling on the Sprint side of business vs TMobile. I had a few issues with 5g and were resolved without going the sim card route myself. Also my phone pulls from both towers, depending on what cloud my phone wants to ride for the day. Lol. The TMobile tower was also my issue with the time on my phone being an hour ahead.

I guess it's still a work in progress with them but the original Sprint employees aren't too pleased with the merger apparently.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Sprint towers are still "Sprint." Whenever I was on and off the phone troubleshooting all week a few weeks ago with my tech advisor, we were just about to swap my sim over until we found the issue on my phone. He was VERY hesitant in having me to do this due to the areas I travel. One would think they are working in sync but they aren't. TMobile doesn't allow their sim to swap over to the Sprint towers whereas the Sprint sim uses both towers. Why? I cannot answer this but seemingly they are not fully merged in their own right.

5g comes straight from TMobile as the 5g on Sprint was deactivated. But all other bands from Sprint are still running strong and more towers while out traveling on the Sprint side of business vs TMobile. I had a few issues with 5g and were resolved without going the sim card route myself. Also my phone pulls from both towers, depending on what cloud my phone wants to ride for the day. Lol. The TMobile tower was also my issue with the time on my phone being an hour ahead.

I guess it's still a work in progress with them but the original Sprint employees aren't too pleased with the merger apparently.

Well considering that large number of them are probably destined for right sizing, I wouldn’t expect happiness.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Very true indeed. This tech was from overseas already. It seemed he knew something he just couldn't tell. He kept stressing that he would rather be keep the Sprint sim vs touching the TMobile one. Thankfully we got my phone straightened out without changing the sim card.
The changeover today while on the phone to 5g was less than beautiful. Very erratic on my end while on the road.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513