Beyond Unlmtd vs Get more Unlimited?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I am a VZW customer with a grandfathered Beyond Unlimited plan. What would I lose besides cash by switching to the new Get More Unlimited plan?

Will I still have 720p streaming or get throttled more or anything I enjoy in beyond unlimited if I switch to Get more unlimited?

Thanks!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised no Verizon users chiming in

I'm with Verizon, been on a lake all day instead of playing on my phone like usual. Unfortunately I don't know the new plans well enough to know what they all include, I'm on a grandfathered plan even older than the OP. I don't know how their plan compares to the newest.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Verizon, been on a lake all day instead of playing on my phone like usual. Unfortunately I don't know the new plans well enough to know what they all include, I'm on a grandfathered plan even older than the OP. I don't know how their plan compares to the newest.
Thanks anyway. I would think only a recent convert to the new plan might recognize differences. I've spoken to 3 VZW reps and got 3 entirely different answers. They don't even know rates for one person since advertised rates assume 4 lines. Bait and switch stuff.

Maybe someone has noted a difference? Hulu is worth the difference in price for me but not if streaming is low quality or some other problem arises.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sounds nice !

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Having been on VZ for over 21 years, customer service from reps and supervisors are difficult to cypher, understand, and quite frankly, many times non existent. Here's a brief review of what the OP has and if he reads into it, there might be the answers he's looking for. Good luck!

Personally, I'm hesitant to change anything about my long standing plan. Many VZ customers of long standing, do not trust the company. One needs to get everything in writing and confirmed by a supervisor. The company can easily come back to an issue that crops up and say... that's not what the wording in the new plan says! Buyer beware.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/beyond-unlimited-faqs/&token=NM1-QDh6
Thanks but that is a link to nowhere?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I worked at Verizon 2012-2016, you get different answers from different reps due to poor training, a high turn over rate due to commission sales, and the industry changes so fast it's hard to keep up. Even 3 years in I encountered plans I had never seen that people were grandfathered into. New reps are trained on new plans and encouraged to get people to switch.

I looked up both plans, I'm not sure how many lines you have or how they compare in cost per line for you. The plans are nearly identical from what I can tell, but a few key improvements on the Get More Unlimited.

The Get More Unlimited includes Disney+/Hulu/ESPN. An increase from 22Gb to 50Gb of high speed data before potential throttling. Mobile hotspot is increased from 15Gb to 30Gb. They also include 600Gb of cloud storage along with a 50% discount on a connected device.

Otherwise it looks like the plans are the same feature wise.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have only one line consequently the prices I was quoted were way, way off.

Both the phone and store reps quoted my price as though it was one of 4 lines which is apparently less than half of what I would really pay. I couldn't find the price for one line by itself along with all the details for one line.

The phone rep was particularly bad because she could SEE my account so knew I only have one line.

Like you it appears to me the plan offers more than my old plan but hard to know for sure when they only quote the price for one of four lines rather than one of one line. I assume all the features are the same but don't know if they are.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Was going to reply, just not worth it.
I think you read my thanks as sarcasm. They were not. I do thank you for the time you took. The link really doesn't work in Tapatalk which is how I read this forum. To use the browser version I would have to go scrounging for an ancient password. Yup I confess - lazy.

I use Tapatalk to read this forum. It honestly doesn't convey me to the link you kindly left me. I haven't used a computer to log in here in years.

IME people who are actually using a plan sometimes know quirks that are hard to find reading a contract. This is such a big forum I was hoping for such a person to reply.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the old plan is $90 and they gave a $5 discount for auto pay making it $85.

The new plan shows $90 as well, but that is after a $10 discount for autopay instead of prior to it.

So without autopay it's $90 vs $100, with auto pay it's $85 vs $90.

These prices are the plan itself, doesn't include taxes/fees or device payments.

Looks like you pay an extra $5 or $10 a month depending if you want auto pay or not in return for the extra benefits of the new plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs