Has anyone here tried/have Mint Mobile? I have heard both good and bad things about their services. But for the prices, it's quite tempting. I'm on T-Mobile currently so I can't imagine coverage would be much different since they use the same network.
    03-04-2022 06:43 AM
    I've used it for a year, switched from Tmobile. It's been just aa good.
    03-04-2022 07:23 AM
    [Moved this from general discussion to Carrier Forum]
    03-04-2022 08:36 AM
    I've used it for a year, switched from T-mobile. It's been just aa good.
    No issues? I am possibly considering switching to either Mint or Metro to save money. Luckily, they are both on T-Mobile's network so I won't lose any coverage. T-Mobile postpaid doesn't have any variety at all in their wireless plans. I'm kind of tired of paying over a hundred a month on my cell phone bill.

EDIT: Hmm... I didn't realize there was a whole area devoted to carrier discussions and a Mint thread already lol
    03-04-2022 10:27 AM
    Mint Mobile works great, As said, coverage will be the same as TMobile and Metro. Haven't heard anything bad about them in a couple years.
    03-05-2022 05:58 AM
    Has anyone here tried/have Mint Mobile? I have heard both good and bad things about their services. But for the prices, it's quite tempting. I'm on T-Mobile currently so I can't imagine coverage would be much different since they use the same network.
    Started last year in a 3 month intro offer. Very happy with the service and re-upped for the 12 month 10GB plan for 20 bucks a month .....zero issues up to this point.
    03-06-2022 09:16 AM
    Switching gears, one thing that bothers me about MM is that they don't offer PIN protection on their account to help protect against sim swapping. I could be wrong, and if so please let me know, but I asked about this on online chat with an agent and was told that there is no current option.
    03-07-2022 08:08 AM
    I've used it for a year, switched from Tmobile. It's been just aa good.
    How are they with software updates?
    03-07-2022 08:55 AM
    How are they with software updates?
    Interestingly, I first put the mm sim in my S9 Plus. It did a security update, but remains on Android 10. Same as when I was with tmobile.
    When I got my pixel3, I moved the Sim to it, and it updated, over a month or so, to Android 12. The pixel is a unlocked refurb from Woot.
    03-07-2022 09:25 AM
    I have a Pixel 6 and before a Pixel 3a XL. Updates come the same day they're announced. Monthly patches are the same.
    03-07-2022 09:50 AM
    I am really considering switching to Mint still. They have such impressive new customer offers. Unfortunately, the rates for the first three months are different compared to after that. After three months, the rates get a bit higher.
    04-08-2022 05:35 AM
    I am really considering switching to Mint still. They have such impressive new customer offers. Unfortunately, the rates for the first three months are different compared to after that. After three months, the rates get a bit higher.
    Well yes, that's their business model. They don't hide it. You can always keep the intro rates by buying a 12 month plan afterwards.

If you want to only pay $15 monthly and get almost the same data (3GB), you could try TMobile connect plans. You'll be on the same network as Mint Mobile. There is one big caveat though, Connect plans have a hard data cutoff once you reach your limit. Mint Mobile only downgrades your data speed when you reach your limit.
    04-08-2022 08:37 AM
    Nah. I recently was able to get my T-Mobile bill down from around 115-120 a month to 85.00 a month. Much better. And really honestly that's around the same for Mint's 3 month unlimited plans after their newer customer offer expires.
    04-18-2022 04:34 AM
    Nah. I recently was able to get my T-Mobile bill down from around 115-120 a month to 85.00 a month. Much better. And really honestly that's around the same for Mint's 3 month unlimited plans after their newer customer offer expires.
    Mint is 30/mo unlimited data for the 12 month plan, and $40/mo for unlimited data for the 3 month plan, almost 2/3 less than what you are paying for basically the same thing
    04-18-2022 06:34 AM
    Yes. That's why I am not switching to them. Lol
    04-18-2022 07:54 AM
    I guess if you like and take advantage of some of the TMo perks, like Netflix and MLB season pass, then the prices are close.
    04-18-2022 08:04 AM
    Mint keeps trying to tempt me with all plans being just 15 dollars for 3 months now.
    06-23-2022 02:12 AM
    Wow, just got off the phone with Mint Mobile as T-Mobile has turned into just another big cellphone company. You get a few perks and they are doing some really crappy stuff to customers on the backend. A few days ago they let out that they are going to be selling customers info and app data to their advertisers. The company of John Legere is DEAD!

I called Mint Mobile to ask some questions and that was a huge disappointment. I talked to three people, two of whom spoke English that was unintelligible to me. The third gave me pricing that is good up front but after a three month introductory rate goes up. With Netflix, AppleTV perks I really wouldn't be saving all that much,and, if I wanted or needed support I would have to join the tech crapshoot of getting someone both knowledgeable and understandable.

What a huge disappointment. Maybe I'll try Consumer Cellular next.
    Yesterday 02:07 PM
    If you are going to include Netflix and Apple TV in every possible carrier as a gauge to justify switching you probably will never switch.

Your Apple TV on us is only for a year and when that year is up then that goes away. Netflix doesn't add that much if you pay up front, like what 15 or 18 month?
    Yesterday 08:02 PM
    I have Mint and I live less than a mile from a T-mobile tower, and I always get full bars reception but I don't recall the 5G speed ever going above 50Mbps. Often, it's as low as 2.5Mbps. I check it every few days. The most common speed I get is in the 20s.
    Yesterday 08:31 PM
    If you are going to include Netflix and Apple TV in every possible carrier as a gauge to justify switching you probably will never switch.

Your Apple TV on us is only for a year and when that year is up then that goes away. Netflix doesn't add that much if you pay up front, like what 15 or 18 month?
    The streaming perks are a tiny consideration. The language difficulties are a major problem. I'm probably going to remove Mint Mobile from consideration but haven't made that decision yet.

Does no one using MM have any language issues with them? How about serious support issues?
    Yesterday 10:20 PM
    The streaming perks are a tiny consideration. The language difficulties are a major problem. I'm probably going to remove Mint Mobile from consideration but haven't made that decision yet.

Does no one using MM have any language issues with them? How about serious support issues?
    I'm not sure what "serious support issues" there are that you refer to. 99% of my Customer Care is either billing or if I'm going to purchase a phone, I which I rarely do as I purchase more from the actual phone vendor, such as Google or Samsung directly. Then again with TMO I usually do everything through Twitter support and rarely if any talk direct to them anymore.

MM has chat support and IF I would ever utilize them that would probably be the way I interact with them or anyone I use for that matter.

The language barrier has just become a new normal in the support world. I just don't think you are going to escape it as companies look to lower their costs and fill employment positions.
    swebb likes this.
    Today 06:13 AM
    Agree. I also prefer chat. Also, most companies throw promos and perks to new customers that eventually go away. Each of us has unique needs and preferences which drive their decisions. Pick the carrier that works for you and don't look back.
    Today 07:29 AM