Hi all,

I was just reminded of the existence of Google Fi. The article says in it that no matter where we live Google Fi probably has us covered. Skeptical when the two major companies have lousy service in our area.

Not even sure what Google Fi is. Anyone feel like providing some feedback? Thanks.

Deb
    09-25-2022 01:22 PM
    Google Fi is Google's MVNO that uses T-Mobile and US Cellular (with T-Mo providing most of its nationwide coverage). Since you previously mentioned that you tried T-Mobile and its coverage was still terrible, it's unlikely that Google Fi will be an improvement. But assuming US Cellular is available in your area and you never tried it, it may still be worth a go.
    09-25-2022 01:26 PM
    I had kind of bad luck with Fi. Tried them for a couple of months using a pixel 2. Back Then Sprint was separate so the 3 carriers were sprint. US cellular and T-mobile. Well T-mobile was the only signal I could receive as the other 2 were totally weak. I could make calls from home using wifi but when out and about it was constantly searching for open wifi which was subpar most of the time and even T-mo would have a stronger signal in town and it still had to search for some weak free wifi. I had to turn off wifi scanning then it would default to T-mo. I got rid of it after a couple of months.
    However, My daughter loves it tho and has no issues at all. but she lives in the middle of a big city, I don't. I then got one line on Mint Mobile (t-mo mvno) and it works great at $15/month. I'm thinking of putting my other line on Mint, can't beat that price. Yearly rate, $200 = $16.66/month. 4GB data UL text and calls. Pay once a year and forget about it for 12 months, I like that.
    J Dubbs and bkeaver like this.
    10-24-2022 01:22 AM
    I had kind of bad luck with Fi. Tried them for a couple of months using a pixel 2. Back Then Sprint was separate so the 3 carriers were sprint. US cellular and T-mobile. Well T-mobile was the only signal I could receive as the other 2 were totally weak. I could make calls from home using wifi but when out and about it was constantly searching for open wifi which was subpar most of the time and even T-mo would have a stronger signal in town and it still had to search for some weak free wifi. I had to turn off wifi scanning then it would default to T-mo. I got rid of it after a couple of months.
    However, My daughter loves it tho and has no issues at all. but she lives in the middle of a big city, I don't. I then got one line on Mint Mobile (t-mo mvno) and it works great at $15/month. I'm thinking of putting my other line on Mint, can't beat that price. Yearly rate, $200 = $16.66/month. 4GB data UL text and calls. Pay once a year and forget about it for 12 months, I like that.
    I've thought about them, but I sure couldn't do just 4gb a month. I'd have to step up a plan but even then it would be tight.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    10-24-2022 04:47 PM