can i use ...

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
my mother has an old flip phone .. she is now month to month. free to upgrade or cancel service without paying ETF.

well i just bought her a new 50 dollars flip phone (she only talks... doesnt text or use data.)
im waiting for the iphone 5 comes out in september and i will use her upgrade to buy it. can i just switch the sim card to her old flip phone so i can sell the iphone 5 for profit... and will i be able to get her back into her old plan just mins without texts and data. or will att make her keep data on her flip phone.??

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
you could do that if you wanted to. Dont know but most likely the Iphone 5 will be also a micro sim card so you will need to get her a new sim card to do so but that is a non issue really.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
if you go to the att store you wont need the sim swapped out. Just tell em your using the upgrade for you not her. I did that with my parents line used there upgrade and got my note and they just issued me a new sim card for my number and left the sim in my parents line. Hope this helps. The att store i went to know it as a cross upgrade. Dont know if thats a universal name or just the store i go to.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I dont have AT&T i have verizon. I just want to make some money. She has an individual line.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I dont have AT&T i have verizon. I just want to make some money. She has an individual line.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Then it would be exactly what i said. You would just need to get her a new sim card.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
+1 for what verdes says. Just get a new sim card as well as make sure you get data taken off. Sorry i mis read the original post.