GA: Atlanta/Athens 4G LTE - Official Thread

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I decided to make a thread specific to my area which will allow everyone to list their Speed Test results once Sprint kicks in their 4G LTE this weekend.
If you have before and after test results, that would be cool to have to compare and contrast.

So, everyone in the Greater Atlanta & Athens Metro Area, let's see your 4G connections, Speed Test results and give us your impressions of Sprint's LTE service. List the city/area you are in to check how the coverage is.
Reminder that only about 40% of the planned towers will be online upon activation so whatever readings you get, it will only get better as other towers come alive.

Info from Community Blog List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates with maps and info:

Atlanta/Athens Network Vision/LTE Deployment schedule update - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Ready for LTE launching? Sprint says mark your calendar for July 15th in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and San Antonio - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Mav. :cool:

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Waiting in Loganville with bated breath and much trepidation!

As you should. ;)

Not sure if we will see any LTE connections before Sunday as they may slowly roll it out over a few days, but it is close.

I am not even sure what the "4G" icon on my phone looks like. :p

Let's hear from other Metro members.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Suwanee/Buford where I live and work...there have been pockets of LTE going on and off all over this area for the last month...when its been on its been very fast...for about ten seconds and then it fies off again...hoping for a good weekend!

Jack

Sent from my Evo LTE using 3g...because Sprint needs to get their collective asses in gear

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Reading threads from other Sprint first tier areas, it looks like they are starting to turn on towers already, starting gradually and increasing over time. Any evidence of that happening here in the Atlanta area? I see no LTE yet in Loganville.

Dat_guy_Juan

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Reporting from East Point, awaiting LTE to turn on. I'll probably turn on my radio to see if I get anything before Sunday

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I can detect no difference in battery life between LTE on or off, so I just leave it on all the time. The default is on anyway.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Update: Still nothing on the LTE front at my current location.
Maybe Sprint is using KC & DFW as test markets to work out any bugs before they activate the ATL. ;)

Sent with Apple's permission on my Galaxy Nexus.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got home (Loganville) from Barnes & Noble at The Avenues in Snellville. No LTE here or there or in between.

HTC EVO 4G LTE

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Still nothing for me but 1) I am in the Boonies and 2) it is not yet the 15th. :)
It will come. Patience Danial-san.

Sent with Apple's permission on my Galaxy Nexus.

guitarec

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Sitting in my living room in Tucker, and no LTE yet on my EVO...

Guess I'll see it tomorrow.

Eric "GuitarEC"

Sent from my A700 using Android Central Forums