gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
So I was down in Boise yesterday and my S3 was displaying the 4G icon and I was very surprised that it was even picking it up as I saw a LTE release map short of deal and Idaho wasn't even on there so why would it even be useful to test it unless it got updated the last I saw it? Was the list false in some short of way or what? I didn't get a chance to test the speeds and I know i wasn't picking up Wimax since the S3 can't do that, although I wish it could

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
There are plenty of towns that are having 4g towers turned on even while not being on officially or even being on the 100 city list. My town is on the list that's suppose to be turned on in couple months but many areas are being turned on. This is a good way for Sprint to test it out and look really good when they do announce it. Looking forward to them continuing their upgrades.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Very true. When I ran sensorly for 4g lte it showed nothing in idaho. I ran it for wimax and it was loaded. That's great for those with a wimax phone or virgin mobile. But I wouldn't doubt it if there were pockets of 4g that aren't shown on sensorly. What I recommend is that you run sensorly when you run into 4g again to record it.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

whitehawk82

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
So Sprint said by the end of August they'd have LTE in Boise... (via an email I received) I laughed and thought, yeah right another lie... well. I still don't have it in south Boise but I was at the fairgrounds yesterday and to my surprise my phone was full bars of LTE "4g" in the status bar, speed tests showed 13Mbps down and 9Mbps up... so that's a start, hopefully the rest of the city and not just the tallest tower (across from the fairgrounds) will have it soon. I've seen cranes on Overland/Roosevelt and over at Orchard and the freeway which are both sprint towers recently but those still do not register as 4g.