SURVEY: What is your favorite carrier? (Based on your experience)

napkinzz

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys at AndroidCentral forum,

Could you please help me here. I just made a survey. This survey is about "what is your favorite carrier?" and it contains only 9 REALLY SIMPLE questions related to carriers.

I have no intention to SPAM on this forum or any other bad intention through this survey. I just want to gather data from all the forum members here.

Please, i do really hope that you could spend some of your time to answer 9 simple questions in my survey. I promise, it won't take more than 5 minutes.

survei1346254.blogspot.com/2013/04/survey-please-help-me-give-votes-for.html

I would really appreciate all of your help here.
Thanks.

iNeedICS

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys at AndroidCentral forum,

Could you please help me here. I just made a survey. This survey is about "what is your favorite carrier?" and it contains only 9 REALLY SIMPLE questions related to carriers.

I have no intention to SPAM on this forum or any other bad intention through this survey. I just want to gather data from all the forum members here.

Please, i do really hope that you could spend some of your time to answer 9 simple questions in my survey. I promise, it won't take more than 5 minutes.

survei1346254.blogspot.com/2013/04/survey-please-help-me-give-votes-for.html

I would really appreciate all of your help here.
Thanks.

I've had Net 10, Simple Mobile, Walmart Family Mobile, T-Mobile, and tracfone

Number 1 is tmobile! And now their plans are awesome, and LTE is here!

Sent from Squishy's N⁴

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon.

Verizon is #1 by a wide margin. T-Mobile is distant second and AT&T is far behind that. That's my experience anyways. I can't understand how AT&T can charge nearly the same price as Verizon and stay in business. T-Mobile at least has reasonably priced plans. I will take your survey tomorrow when I'm on my PC if I don't forget about this thread.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had AT&T, Sprint, and now Verizon and from my personal experience Verizon wins hands down. I loved Sprint but coverage in my area got straight awful and while customer service with them was always great I constantly had dropped calls, texts wouldn't go thru and every time I called they told me that towers were down in my area. I tried to stick it out but after 6 months I had to let them go. I have a son in school and my biggest worry was that something would happen and his school couldn't get a hold of me. And AT&T's prices were just down right ridiculous for me in the past. I'm with Verizon now and love it. True Sprint may have true unlimited data but what good was it when i couldn't use it. I could never connect to the Internet unless i was connected to a WIFI network. And Verizon can be expensive but at least my Internet is blazing fast and I actually have 4G. I'm using the services I'm paying for with Verizon

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been with Sprint, now verizon for the last ten plus years. my smartphone is my only phone, we have no land line, so I have to have a reliable carrier. Sprint was a nightmare, even in KC, which is a "hub" of Sprint. I kid you not, my wife and I dropped calls with each other daily while on sprint. I've been so happy with verizon, due to it's reliability. despite thier higher pricing, I will stick with what I know works.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been on Sprint, AT&T, Verizon and tried T-mobile in my area. Sprint was good in my previous area, but when I moved to my present location - before data - the coverage was awful. Could not make calls from my house - had to go outside and even then was lucky to make a call. Sprint told me for over a year they were working on it, left Sprint, but my neighbors still complain. Had pretty good luck with AT&T 3G, but it was only 3G and it was only in the last 12 months they had enhanced 3G, and now have started rolling out LTE. I switched to Verizon 18 months ago and could not be happier. Service is great. I travel a lot and I always have great service with Verizon. I did try an phone on T-Mobile in my area. I guess they have good service in some locations, but here my experience was beyond bad just getting enough single to make phone calls, in places where Verizon had strong bars and LTE.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had all 4 and I can say sprint is the best simply because of their pricing and customer service.

In terms of signal quality, coverage, and phone selection I would say verizon (if you like motorola that is).

That being said t mobile is just starting to gain speed and it will be interesting to see where they end up in the next few years.

No comment on att (all I have to say is bad memories).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been on Sprint, AT&T, Verizon and tried T-mobile in my area. Sprint was good in my previous area, but when I moved to my present location - before data - the coverage was awful. Could not make calls from my house - had to go outside and even then was lucky to make a call. Sprint told me for over a year they were working on it, left Sprint, but my neighbors still complain. Had pretty good luck with AT&T 3G, but it was only 3G and it was only in the last 12 months they had enhanced 3G, and now have started rolling out LTE. I switched to Verizon 18 months ago and could not be happier. Service is great. I travel a lot and I always have great service with Verizon. I did try an phone on T-Mobile in my area. I guess they have good service in some locations, but here my experience was beyond bad just getting enough single to make phone calls, in places where Verizon had strong bars and LTE.

funny thing about coverage is, depending on your lifestyle, even the worst carrier can work for you. if you're "local" most of the time, then a cheaper carrier MIGHT work for you. however, I deal with truck drivers in my main job all day everyday, and partially at walmart as a truck unloader. MOST truck drivers will tell you Verizon has the best coverage of the major carriers, and miraculously, Sprint gets good marks as well. I guess it just depends on what you need, and where you are. I just know Verizon's coverage has NEVER let me down, no matter the geographic location, and even in a Tornado warning...

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
funny thing about coverage is, depending on your lifestyle, even the worst carrier can work for you. if you're "local" most of the time, then a cheaper carrier MIGHT work for you. however, I deal with truck drivers in my main job all day everyday, and partially at walmart as a truck unloader. MOST truck drivers will tell you Verizon has the best coverage of the major carriers, and miraculously, Sprint gets good marks as well. I guess it just depends on what you need, and where you are. I just know Verizon's coverage has NEVER let me down, no matter the geographic location, and even in a Tornado warning...

Sprint might actually pass verizon in a few years when they get network vision completed.

kotbn18

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
So far for me here in Baltimore TMobile is best. I've had Verizon sprint and most recently TMobile and its far better then the rest for two reasons price and gsm

Sent from my underrated galaxy s blaze 4g

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sprint might actually pass verizon in a few years when they get network vision completed.

Not saying it won't happen, but Verizon prides itself in its network. That's the only way it can get away with high prices and customer unfriendly policies. If it's network is bested, while everything else remains the same, then people would jump ship fast. Verizon knows this and will do everything in its power to remain number one in total network coverage. There is a reason why 45% of Verizon wireless is worth $120 billion and 100% of sprint is worth $25.5 billion.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Not saying it won't happen, but Verizon prides itself in its network. That's the only way it can get away with high prices and customer unfriendly policies. If it's network is bested, while everything else remains the same, then people would jump ship fast. Verizon knows this and will do everything in its power to remain number one in total network coverage. There is a reason why 45% of Verizon wireless is worth $120 billion and 100% of sprint is worth $25.5 billion.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

wow, I had no idea the gap was that huge. nice. ;)

manderson904

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had Sprint, Nextel (when they were not owned by Sprint), and Verizon.

Sprint was HORRIBLE! I couldn't make or receive calls. I would be outside somewhere and still have no signal.

Nextel was so so. I had them during the 9-11 attacks, and Nextel was the only cell company in NYC that worked through their push to talk. Outside of that one event, I hated the push to talk!

I've been with Verizon for 10 years now and I've never had a signal problem! Yes, they are not cheap or the most customer friendly, but I have reliable service. In the last year I've had AT&T for my work cell and you can't compare it! I always have a much stronger signal with Verizon than AT&T. Sometimes my AT&T phone doesn't have a signal, and my Verizon will have 3-4 bars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair