Hello all. I bought the Htc Inspire which is unlocked and I put a straight talk tmobile sim card in it. It will text and call but I cannot receive or send picture messages and I am pretty sure it's running on the edge network as there is a little E at the top of my screen. I've tried to track down the correct APN settings but haven't had much luck. Could anyone here point me in the right direction as to what I should do? I cant stand the edge network and I'd like to be able to send pictures.
    04-25-2013 08:18 PM
    It looks like your phone doesn't have the 1700 MHz band on board. For 3G/H+ you only have 850/1900 MHz.

Until T-Mo refarms in your area and gets H+ onto 1900 you will not get anything but EDGE with that SIM. Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)

If you have the "E" lit up, then you are getting data and your APN is correct. MMS settings are needed so you can send/receive picture mail.

Here are the settings needed, right from the ST website: http://www.straighttalksim.com/pdf/S...le_proof18.pdf

Have you set all those up correctly? Have you erased any other carrier settings? Selected ST in the list of available Access Point Names?
    04-27-2013 12:16 PM
    Yeah I have the apn settings from Straight Talk in there correctly. I'm able to send/receive picture messages now, but at first it wouldn't let me. It's almost as fast as 3g but not quite there yet. I may just pay out the eh-hole for actual at&t service instead of using straight talk in the near future. I am not able to find any other carrier settings in the phone unless they are hidden. It's the HTC inspire.
    04-29-2013 04:42 PM
    Or get yourself a phone with the 1700 MHz band on board.

I'm really digging my N4.

Often times, if you are having Data/MMS issues and you know your settings are right either rebooting the phone or going into airplane mode and back will solve things. It forces the carrier to reauthenticate your device.

One last option for you is to go on eBay, pay a premium for a ST AT&T SIM and port your number to that...
    05-01-2013 11:52 AM
    download the app Tweakker in the android market it will get you rhe right APN and allow pic messaging, but I still haven't even been able to get 3g!! I am going to switch to an AT&T compatible SIM to see if that boosts the speeds.
    05-23-2013 09:53 PM