Tallahassee, FL 4g lte

jrojas12

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got a blip of 4g over by the Costco.

This is encouraging since this area was on their next up list earlier this year and then all mention was dropped when they announced the latest cities to go live.

Anyone else seeing it anywhere else in town?

Posted via Android Central App

StevoKanevo

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
On the south side of town, at the flea market (just west of Capital Cir and Woodville Hwy on Capital Circle) you can pick up a solid 4g signal. Running the speedtest app I clocked 8mb/s down and 2mb/s up (my phone was connected to 4g but is not an LTE phone). This is the only place in town I've personally been able to get a 4g signal. I hope it's expanded up through the north east side of town soon.

painnpanic

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm located at Thomasville Rd. and 7th Ave. right now, and do not see 4G.
I even received a text saying they were servicing the towers. Hope I can get the signal in Woodville. Lucky if I ever
get one bar at my house. Conditions have to be just right for me like standing outside bright and sunny no rain. Even roaming
isn't any better since it seems to use the same towers.
Now if only my satellite internet could give me unlimited data.

StevoKanevo

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually, since I made that last post I downloaded an app called "Sensorly" that has Sprints 4g WiMax and LTE service mapped out all over town and I've also got signals on N. Meridian between John Knox and E. Tharpe as well as in parts of Killearn (more specifically a stretch of road along Shannon Lakes, McLaughlin and Shamrock. LTE signal is being reported in abundance in patches all over town and WiMax is only being reported in maybe half a dozen separate areas.