So my 2 month old S4 phone charger that came with the phone stop working. I took it to Sprint and told me they don't cover accessories that come with the phone. Is this true?
    07-02-2013 10:11 PM
    Probably, Best Buy does though. Never buy phones from Sprint always Best Buy. You can probably contact Samsung.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-02-2013 11:29 PM
    Oh I didn't buy at sprint I bought it at sams club. Its been of 30 days so I figure I try sprint but I will try sams. The thing that **** me off is that when I went to sprint I told the receptionist my issue and then had me wait. I waited almost 30 mins finally a sale person told me that they don't cover it. I was like why couldn't they tell me that in the 1st place. Their were people coming in after me and was helped before me. Im gonna call sprint tomorrow.
    07-02-2013 11:38 PM
    Oh I didn't buy at sprint I bought it at sams club. Its been of 30 days so I figure I try sprint but I will try sams. The thing that **** me off is that when I went to sprint I told the receptionist my issue and then had me wait. I waited almost 30 mins finally a sale person told me that they don't cover it. I was like why couldn't they tell me that in the 1st place. Their were people coming in after me and was helped before me. Im gonna call sprint tomorrow.
    You could call to complain about the wait I guess but as for the accessories they do not cover that... Especially since you didn't buy it from them.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.
    07-03-2013 06:49 AM
    I realize this isn't going to heal the hurt from the crap treatment at Sprint but...
    I'm assuming that since you are at AC you are not using one of those other OS phones. Therefore, basically all chargers are created equal. You may not want to go to WalMart or something & buy a generic charger but you can go to Amazon & find a new OEM charger pretty cheap. I found a NEW Palm charger when I had my WebOS Pre for like $3.
    07-04-2013 05:13 AM
    I realize this isn't going to heal the hurt from the crap treatment at Sprint but...
    I'm assuming that since you are at AC you are not using one of those other OS phones. Therefore, basically all chargers are created equal. You may not want to go to WalMart or something & buy a generic charger but you can go to Amazon & find a new OEM charger pretty cheap. I found a NEW Palm charger when I had my WebOS Pre for like $3.
    This is incorrect. You have yo checks the amps of the charger. The S4 charger is a higher amperage charger than other ones because the Snapdragon 600 chip in the S4 supports quick charge. It is a 2 amp charger. You can register your phone on Samsung.com and get 50% off of accessories though.

07-05-2013 08:42 AM
    This is incorrect. You have yo checks the amps of the charger. The S4 charger is a higher amperage charger than other ones because the Snapdragon 600 chip in the S4 supports quick charge. It is a 2 amp charger. You can register your phone on Samsung.com and get 50% off of accessories though.

Who said the OP had an S4 (or even a Samsung phone)? He certainly didn't.
    07-05-2013 10:04 AM

If the phone can support a higher charge the higher amp charger will help but if the phone uses less than what the charger puts out it won't hurt it.. The phone will only use what it's supposed to.

07-05-2013 10:30 AM
    Who said the OP had an S4 (or even a Samsung phone)? He certainly didn't.
    I looked in the OPs profile to see what phone they have, which is the S4, thanks.

07-05-2013 05:32 PM
    If the phone can support a higher charge the higher amp charger will help but if the phone uses less than what the charger puts out it won't hurt it.. The phone will only use what it's supposed to.

I know this. So whats the point of your comment? I don't think there is very many 2amp chargers available so they would be well off getting g the OEM charger from Samsung for 50% off. The HTC One doesn't even have the quick charge enabled e in though it is the same chip underclocked.

07-05-2013 05:35 PM
    I know this. So whats the point of your comment? I don't think there is very many 2amp chargers available so they would be well off getting g the OEM charger from Samsung for 50% off. The HTC One doesn't even have the quick charge enabled e in though it is the same chip underclocked.

My comment was... To inform others? Sorry I can't read your mind to see what you know.. I'll try better next time :rolleyes:

07-05-2013 07:04 PM
    thanks for the response guys! It is a S4 and I'm currently using my old charger. Would that harm my S4? The USB cable is defective not the charger that plugs into the wall, so maybe I can just replace the cable.
    07-10-2013 08:51 PM
    Iam using a s3 and sometimes a epic charger. Should I just stick with the S4 charger?
    07-10-2013 08:53 PM
    Yes Almeuit, I didn't buy from them but they didn't know that because they didn't even ask for my info yet. So I'm guessing it wouldn't have even matter if I bought it from them.
    07-10-2013 08:56 PM
    Using an under-powered charger isn't going to harm your device, it'll just make it charge slower. Most "dumb phone" chargers are 700 or 800mAh. Most smartphone chargers are now 1Ah (1000mAh) and most tablet chargers are 2Ah (2000mAh). And apparently, as GiantJay pointed out, the S4 charger is a 2Ah charger.

By using a charger that delivers a lower amperage, you won't damage your device but it will charge slower. If the S4 supports quick charge then a lesser charger probably won't allow it to kick in. Also, if you try using the device much while charging then you may notice that the charger can't keep up with both powering the device & charging the battery so it will end up not charging. If I'm understanding you correctly, you say that your S4 charger is good but the cable is bad. If that is the case, then I would definitely just swap the cables.
    GiantJay likes this.
    07-11-2013 01:47 AM
    Yeah, you should take most hardware issues to the OEM. Warranties are never thought the carriers. Carriers only support their insurance which typically only covers the device, but nothing else.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    07-11-2013 10:07 AM