So I went into the Verizon store because I'm disgusted with service inside my home and the best they could tell me was but a $250 network extender even though our maps show great coverage in your area. Anywhoo, as the guy was checking my account, he saw that I used 6gb this month rather than my typical 4gb. He asked about it and I told him I use my hotspot on the phone for internet at home, i don't have another service. He had a cow and tried to get me to use home fusion and upgrade to a 10GB plan. Is there some reason I shouldn't use my phone for this and just go up $10 if I think I'm going over? He said our phones, in my case an SIIII , weren't made for that. What do you guys think?
    07-09-2013 07:14 PM
    It won't hurt your phone at all, but it does violate your terms of service, and Verizon would be within their rights to cancel your service if they think you're abusing it. They want to sell you an extra-cost tethering plan to use your phone in this way. Never, ever, again, admit to any carrier you're tethering without their plan.
    07-09-2013 07:51 PM
    That perplexed me. The hotspot feature comes with the phone and with the share everything plans. It just so happens that I only have one phone. So it's against TOS to share with my tablets and the laptops in my home? You can only "share" with Verizon devices? Is that the violation?
    07-09-2013 08:52 PM
    That perplexed me. The hotspot feature comes with the phone and with the share everything plans. It just so happens that I only have one phone. So it's against TOS to share with my tablets and the laptops in my home? You can only "share" with Verizon devices? Is that the violation?
    If you are on the share everything plan, you can use the hotspot with any device, not just Verizon devices. This is explicitly stated in that plan.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    07-11-2013 10:09 AM