how accurate is www.sensorly.com?

bar1203

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If the signal is weak there, you may or may not pick it up. If you have an evo, you may need to toggle airplane mode.

Posted via My Non LTE Evo

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Pretty accurate actually, and normal people like you and me are the ones who send the info to Sensorly. And depending on your phone you might not be able to grab lte in certain areas unless its a really strong signal. My Htc Evo lte had trouble picking up Lte in my house where as My Samsung Gs3 and Gs4 both picked up Lte real quick when it was available.

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
The app will report data right from your phone... if you have it set that way.
You might want to install it so you can contribute too.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
As far as the settings being correct in order to pickup LTE do the following. Go to Settings>Under the Connections tab at the top select More Networks>Then Mobile Networks>And under network mode make sure you have CDMA/LTE selected. Then it wont hurt to update your PRL and Profile.

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
How accurate is Coverage Maps | Sensorly Who updates there info? I was looking up my area (Sacramento) and it showed it had Lte in this particular area and when I went there i couldn't pick it up.

In addition to that.. a certain person (cough cough) over @ s4gru directed most of the mapping so far and has a permit map of all sprint sites in the entire northern california region... :p

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
They're only as accurate as the data they are given...According to Sensorly, I don't even have voice coverage out here, but I have 3G on Sprint, and 4G on VZW, ATT, and T-Mob....

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Maps are static - Real world is not.

I used this on my phone for a few months, it did update my local area exactly from my phone's readings. But since LTE is in deployment in my area, some days i get it, some days i don't. The map always shows it now, since one day, on one of my drives, it was reporting it back.

It took 24-48hrs to update my data on the map, however, i'm not sure how it calulates your data with others, and how often it actually CHANGES what was reported between different people.

To me, over the months, it appeared that it would 'Fill IN' the map, but would never take anything away, even if conditions changed. But then again, i don't know how it updates its information on a regular basis.

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're talking about the rancho cordova and highway 16 area, those are really new spots. It will probably be spotty for months before it's up and running at a good capacity.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app