Android turning off and glitching?

McNMcC

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had problems with my battery, but nothing else. Figured out that I just needed to change the charger. So I've had no problems for about a month. Tonight, while using my phone it would just randomly turn off, and then the lock button wasn't working. The only "reaction" I would get is my phone asking me if I wanted to turn it off. Later (about four hours of turning it back on every ten minutes) I was sending a text and my phone went glitchy and turned off. I tried turning it on, no sign. Took the battery out and put it back in a few times. Still nothing. Plugged it in to charge and it started charging, finally the power button let me turn it on. But again, the phone keeps shutting off, and the battery isn't low.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

What device do you have? I agree this sounds like a battery issue. Maybe the battery is taking a charge but could have a connection points issue. Any chance of trying out a different battery? Also while the phone is plugged in and charging will it still turn off randomly?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had problems with my battery, but nothing else. Figured out that I just needed to change the charger. So I've had no problems for about a month. Tonight, while using my phone it would just randomly turn off, and then the lock button wasn't working. The only "reaction" I would get is my phone asking me if I wanted to turn it off. Later (about four hours of turning it back on every ten minutes) I was sending a text and my phone went glitchy and turned off. I tried turning it on, no sign. Took the battery out and put it back in a few times. Still nothing. Plugged it in to charge and it started charging, finally the power button let me turn it on. But again, the phone keeps shutting off, and the battery isn't low.

You and Pauls suggestion are right, that is a battery issue. It sounds like it could have a short in the connectors somewhere, preventing it from making full connection with the contacts on your phone.

If you know someone else that has the same device as you, use their battery and see if the issue still happens. If it doesn't then it's definitely the battery.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs