4G in Columbus, Ohio!

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, okay, in one limited area.

After hearing about this on another forum, I went up to the Polaris area and checked it out myself. I also stopped and talked to the guys in the Sancus Sprint store where I got my EVO.

They think the source is coming from the Metler-Toledo building off of Polaris and I-71. I toured around and also think that is the source. I got 4 bars when I headed East crossing over the I-71 bridge. The 4G icon disappears about 1 mile outside the radius (South, East and West -- didn't go North on I-71).

I did about 14 Speednet tests while driving around (don't recommend) and only maxed at just under 4Mbps down and .97Mbps up, though. The guys in the Sprint store say it fluxuates during the day. They noticed it a couple of weeks ago when the demo EVO started beeping! They think it's the first unofficial tower in the Columbus area but don't know anything else.

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Supposedly Polaris is the first area in Columbus. Others have tried in Gahanna, Dublin, Worthington (me at work) and downtown... no signals yet. Take a drive up to Polaris this weekend and turn your 4G on! :)

rockdrummersrock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
A few sprint stores in the Hilliard/Upper Arlington area have told me that there will be a 4G tower coming online on top of Drackett Tower on OSU's campus. They said it will be turned on sometime in the fall/winter. Here's hoping this comes true!

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I read on another forum that 4g around grant hospital. I was at broad and high street downtown columbus and picked up a 4g signal. Picking up 2.5-3 mbps. Me likey!!!!!!

Sent from my Sprint HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Broad & High street
4912377541_611e840ab3.jpg

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Drove down broad street ..... Picked up 4g on broad just East of the 71 over pass, all the way to front street and then lost the signal. I picked up the best signal near the motorist building on broad street and here are my results.
4917428730_bd9a75fbf1_z.jpg

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Turned on 4G my evo today and I had it! I only have 2-3 bars inside my house and got 6Mb down and 1 Mb up! I live near German village (so downtownish). AWESOME!!!

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I live around Grant in Olde Town East -- about a mile away and tried this past weekend, no signal. But I did hear others driving between I-71 exit on Broad getting a signal to COSI (confirming later tonight). That would make 2 spots so far!

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Turned on 4G my evo today and I had it! I only have 2-3 bars inside my house and got 6Mb down and 1 Mb up! I live near German village (so downtownish). AWESOME!!!

Hmm.. that may be from the same source as the I-71 to COSI detection. Where about in German Village do you live? Maybe there are 3 sources now.

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, last night I drove from I-71 exit at Broad, down to COSI then past Grant Hospital... no signal. Anyone else pick one up?

Possum63

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed! I've got it in Worthington on Worthington Woods Blvd. Only 1 bar where I'm currently sitting, but it's there and it works!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad