I have 4 different phones with AT&T, 3 iPhones and an HTC One that I would like to switch over to Smart Talk. I will be breaking my contract with AT&T to do this but I can't afford the over $300 a month bill and I currently owe them $600 so I know they will not help me to unlock the phones. What all do I need to do before purchasing the SIM cards from Straight Talk? Any advice would be appreciated as I am not very tech savy when it comes to this type of thing! Thanks for your help!!
    07-25-2013 12:49 PM
    I have 4 different phones with AT&T, 3 iPhones and an HTC One that I would like to switch over to Smart Talk. I will be breaking my contract with AT&T to do this but I can't afford the over $300 a month bill and I currently owe them $600 so I know they will not help me to unlock the phones. What all do I need to do before purchasing the SIM cards from Straight Talk? Any advice would be appreciated as I am not very tech savy when it comes to this type of thing! Thanks for your help!!
    If you using an att phone on an att MNVO then you do not need to unlock the phone. Just change the APN settings and then your good to go. However they may blacklist your phone from their network for not paying off your bill. Its more than likely in your best interest to pay it off. Even if you call them and work out a plan between both parties. For one if you dont pay it will go on your credit history and it will ruin your credit. So if you want a post paid account again you may be stuck with a stupid deposit. Two it is a bill that you created. So stiffing a company is just wrong on many other levels beyond legal reasons.

Advice is to just pay it off even if its in small chunks so its not a hassle for the 7 years of your life and possibly longer depending on the state that you live in. Cancel the service and move the GoPhone plan even.
    07-25-2013 01:01 PM
    I have tried to make arrangements for the bill and service will be cut off if not paid in full by the 10th of next month. Thanks for your credit advice but that's not what I'm really looking for right now. Not trying to be rude, just trying to get our phones switched to keep from having our service interrupted.
    07-25-2013 01:06 PM
    I have tried to make arrangements for the bill and service will be cut off if not paid in full by the 10th of next month. Thanks for your credit advice but that's not what I'm really looking for right now. Not trying to be rude, just trying to get our phones switched to keep from having our service interrupted.
    mkd your not being rude in any shape or form. No need to apologize here. I understand folks go through times where bills are hard to pay. In fact I been there and done that. I just wanted you to understand that they may blacklist your phone. Meaning it will not work on Tmo's or att's network. Now I don't know how it works with MNVO's so I was giving you the worst case scenario. You may wanna just out right buy a few cheap prepaid phones if folks can confirm my worry about your scenario. That is all. I didn't mean to lecture you or anything so please don't take it as such. If you did I am sorry for sounding like that.
    So I guess I would let others chime in with experiences on the GSM networks.
    mkdivajenn likes this.
    07-25-2013 01:11 PM
    i need the apn settings i switched over to straight talk and i have changed settings and i still have no net or pic messages? can someone help me also i have the att htc one X
    09-09-2013 01:38 PM