Long story short,

I was offered to get my ETF paid to come to ATT (3 months left on contract). I go to the store, and try to port my number. It failed, and told them that I explicitly needed my number since too many people have it and I can NOT afford to get a new number. Anyhow, as a result, I turned them away and said not to worry about it. So I left sprint to pay the ETF and ATT cant help me. Today I received a "Service Fee and Maintenance" bill for $150 with no new cell service. Apparently my number with Sprint is now unavailable, and now I am screwed.

Can I sue AT&T for baiting and switching me? This is DUMB.
    09-03-2013 01:43 PM
    So lets get this straight att sent u a bill or sprint? Do u not have any service now? If u didn't use att for more than 14 days u should not have received a bill.

from what ever phone I feel like using today.
    09-03-2013 02:08 PM
    I think we will need a far more detailed explanation, hopefully we can help.

GS4/iPhone5
    09-03-2013 02:11 PM
    I wouldn't of switched to AT&T after you used as much data as you did on Sprint... You will be paying a fortune lol :x.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    09-03-2013 04:56 PM
    Very unfortunate situation. Consider consulting with a legal professional on any type of recourse you have available. My opinion is that they are going to say its not their fault and proper research should have been done prior to attempting a number port. I don't blame you though. An unfortunate mistake that could have been avoided had you been fully advised.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-03-2013 05:06 PM
    Still with ATT as they promised to pay for my ETF from Sprint. I recorded the entire conversation, but would it even be admissible in court especially if they did not know I recorded them? I'm at their corporate store.
    09-03-2013 05:46 PM
    Still with ATT as they promised to pay for my ETF from Sprint. I recorded the entire conversation, but would it even be admissible in court especially if they did not know I recorded them? I'm at their corporate store.
    From my understanding u cannot use that in court without them knowing u were recording it, I could be wrong.

So the $150 bill u got was from att or sprint? How ling have u been with att? How much was ur etf from sprint?

from what ever phone I feel like using today.
    09-03-2013 05:59 PM
    Varies by state, what you did could be considered a felony. Some states are single party states meaning only on person (aka yourself) needs to know it's being recorded, other states require notification and consent

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    09-03-2013 06:16 PM
    Yeah who is the money owed too? Also for the record I have never heard of a carrier paying for an ETF...
    09-05-2013 06:54 AM
    Yeah who is the money owed too? Also for the record I have never heard of a carrier paying for an ETF...
    Some will. If you only have a few months left (so it's under $200 ETF) they will pay it sometimes to get you on a contract with them instead.

09-05-2013 07:05 AM
    Carriers have a multitude of lawyers, any attempt at legal action will be a waste of money. Even though I'm not sure of all the details of your situation I have worked for carriers before and have seen ports go bad and customers have lost their numbers. It's unfortunate but it happens.

Sent from my Moto X
    09-05-2013 07:06 AM
    I still think a better explanation is needed. It may not even be the wireless companies fault, of course it could be 100% corporate caused.

GS4/iPhone5
    09-05-2013 07:14 AM
    Some will. If you only have a few months left (so it's under $200 ETF) they will pay it sometimes to get you on a contract with them instead.

Oh I know it can happen I have just never heard nor seen anyone with this much luck. Hopefully the op will get it figured out.
    09-05-2013 07:15 AM