No Nexus 5 for Verizon

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that the HTC One was an exception, my guess was that they didn't want it to cannibalize the Droid DNA sales. The other phones maybe came a month later, plus minus, but I don't remember any current phone having a 6 month-ish delay.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
BREAKING NEWS!!! LEAKED VZW NEXUS 5!!!

zebatesa.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
People forget that Verizon owns the rights to the Droid line, which is now a Google branded phone. I think Verizon will eventually get this, but they already have a Google branded exclusive phone in their lineup, and have the Moto X as well.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
People forget that Verizon owns the rights to the Droid line, which is now a Google branded phone. I think Verizon will eventually get this, but they already have a Google branded exclusive phone in their lineup, and have the Moto X as well.

Google BrandedPhone....Are you referring to my beloved Galaxy Nexus?

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Motorola's droid contact ran up. They no longer need to make droid phones. Hence the Moto X.
What Google branded phones do you speak of?

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Motorola's droid contact ran up. They no longer need to make droid phones. Hence the Moto X.
What Google branded phones do you speak of?

I swear I read somewhere that VZ made Motorola the official Droid line manufacturer. When did the contract end?? I thought from now on out every Droid phone is going to be a Moto phone??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Btravelen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I swear I read somewhere that VZ made Motorola the official Droid line manufacturer. When did the contract end?? I thought from now on out every Droid phone is going to be a Moto phone??

Uh.. Droid Ultra, Droid Mini and Droid Maxx ( :thumbup: ) are brand spanking new Motorola releases from VZW..

Take Care

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

jteply13

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Its not that Verizon doesn't have any phones. Its that people want a true Android experience! I personally don't like physical buttons on my phone, that's why I love the Nexus phones. I am just hoping that Verizon really does get this phone.....

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I can't find were I read about it, but those phones were already being produced. The Moto X production started after their droid lineup.
But, from what I think I've read, the Motorola droid contract ran up, and from now on it's just Moto, and no carrier exclusives. They want to take their company in a new direction. Look at the Moto X, it comes with an unlockable bootloader on GSM.

I may be wrong about it all. I could've sworn I read that somewhere other than a forum post..

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't find were I read about it, but those phones were already being produced. The Moto X production started after their droid lineup.
But, from what I think I've read, the Motorola droid contract ran up, and from now on it's just Moto, and no carrier exclusives. They want to take their company in a new direction. Look at the Moto X, it comes with an unlockable bootloader on GSM.

I may be wrong about it all. I could've sworn I read that somewhere other than a forum post..

Motorola has the exclusive to make DROID-branded phones for Verizon. If anything, this contract is new.

The DROID line isn't done.

And now you won't see phones like the DROID Incredible and DROID Charge.

Posted via Android Central App

evan_adams

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
There have been plenty of rumors about Nexus 5 on Verizon the last 48hrs. I think Cnet even said it would work and will have the radios.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Its not that Verizon doesn't have any phones. Its that people want a true Android experience! I personally don't like physical buttons on my phone, that's why I love the Nexus phones. I am just hoping that Verizon really does get this phone.....

Which people?

Posted via Android Central App

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
CNet is bogus too. I haven't read up on them and the nexus 5, but on something else they gave some major bogus info

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not that many people apparently, based on what I have seen in the real world. At my work, I did an informal survey of about 10 of us, 7 had Android with 6 being Galaxy devices and one htc. Even in the general public, based on what I have seen, most Android users have Galaxy devices. I have seen some with htc or lg but honestly I rarely see someone with a Nexus phone.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, at school there's me with an S4, the guy next to me with an S3, and the guy next to him has an S4 active.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In case you didn't already know. But, guess which CDMA carrier will have a Nexus 5. Sprint. You mad bro?
I'm about ready to sell my unlimited data plan and say farewell. What was the last flagship worth buying VZW had? S4, then the HTC One they released 6 months late with HTCdev blocked, and that's about it for 2013.

It depends on your needs I guess but most recently the 5s and Note 3 were pretty much released on time. The 6 month delay on the htc one was an exception.

And put it this way, Verizon has improved drastically, they didn't cary the s1,s2,htc one x, but recently they carry the vast majority major carrier phones carried on all the other major carriers.

But as I have said before if you want the widest selection of phones, then move to another carrier. It just depends on your priorities.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not that many people apparently, based on what I have seen in the real world. At my work, I did an informal survey of about 10 of us, 7 had Android with 6 being Galaxy devices and one htc. Even in the general public, based on what I have seen, most Android users have Galaxy devices. I have seen some with htc or lg but honestly I rarely see someone with a Nexus phone.

Does Sprint work well in your area? The reason I ask is you should choose a cellular provider for their network quality above all else. I don't care how good the Nexus 5 is going to be. If the network isn't up to par with the quality of device then I'll choose another device. Your phone is really only as good as the network its on; always remember that.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Does Sprint work well in your area? The reason I ask is you should choose a cellular provider for their network quality above all else. I don't care how good the Nexus 5 is going to be. If the network isn't up to par with the quality of device then I'll choose another device. Your phone is really only as good as the network its on; always remember that.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Honestly I haven't tried. Verizon is cheaper than Sprint for my uses. Sprint does offer more but on stuff that I don't use. I get verizon voice service everywhere, even places that tmo and att don't, so I wouldn't switch even if Sprint or tmo is cheaper, which it is not for me, though my uses aren't typical

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo