Hi all,
    I have 2 smartphones on a family share plan.
    1 with unlmited data. Original upgrade date was Sept 4 2013. Has since been pushed back to Jan 4 2014 (mine) Galaxy Nexus
    1 with 2GB data. Original upgrade date was Sept 25th 2013. Has since been pushed back to Jan 25 2014.(wife's) Droid Razr MAXX

I went in to a corporate store to find out if they could reinstate the orginal upgrade date on my wife's phone. I would end up moving that phone over to my account as she is happy with her Droid Razr MAXX and I can't stand my GNex. I want to keep unlimited if I can. I actually got the store manager to help me. (random luck....I didn't ask for him). He told me to call customer service, ask nicely, and they should re-instate the Sept 25th date. He said "it shouldn't be a problem"

So I call today. I am very nice but the CSR tells me that they cannot change the date. I tell her the corporate store said that they could, but she said that "moving upgrade dates is locked in her system" (whatever that means). I don't know that I can go another 4 months with my GNex. Multiple times a day, I am ready to toss it against the wall. I even told the rep, that I think that my phone is malfunctioning and that I'd rather not file an Asurion claim, get a replacement phone and then replace it again with an upgrade in a few months.

Any advice?

Thanks.
    09-11-2013 06:32 PM
    If you have extended warranty, they should replace it, and you won't have to pay a deductible

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4
    09-11-2013 07:58 PM
    If you have extended warranty, they should replace it, and you won't have to pay a deductible

I know that part. I just don't want another GNex. If I get a phone swap, I want to upgrade. I am upset that because of 4 days, I got pushed back 4 months. Had my upgrade date been Aug 31, 2013, I would have been ok. Since I was after Sep 1, I (and everyone else in Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec) got pushed back 4 months. I am just curious if the store is correct (by telling me that customer service can change my upgrade date) or was the CSR correct in telling me that they can't change the date.
    09-11-2013 08:06 PM
    I know that part. I just don't want another GNex. If I get a phone swap, I want to upgrade. I am upset that because of 4 days, I got pushed back 4 months. Had my upgrade date been Aug 31, 2013, I would have been ok. Since I was after Sep 1, I (and everyone else in Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec) got pushed back 4 months. I am just curious if the store is correct (by telling me that customer service can change my upgrade date) or was the CSR correct in telling me that they can't change the date.
    Don't know about the upgrade. I did get Verizon to let me upgrade to a new device from the Galaxy Nexus. I went through 4 or 5 refurbished devices.

Sent from my maguro using Tapatalk 4
    09-11-2013 08:14 PM
    Point is, if you keep pushing warranty replacements, after a few, they may agree to switch you to another phone

09-11-2013 08:34 PM
    Ahhh....I got it. But I believe that Asurion (my insurance provider) is a separate company so Verizon may not have any skin in that game.

I hate my GNex so much, that I am considering going to BB tomorrow, have them PM Verizon on an LG G2 (which I am guessing is $599....though AT&T is $574) and then getting the phone on 18 month financing. So basically, I need to decide if $400 is worth it for me to replace my GNex.

Basically, most anything I do on my GNex causes it to heat up. If I am using it for more than 5 mins, the heat makes the phone S-L-O-W. When I am on a business trip, I use Nav and also like to use TuneIn Pro (every rental I've had in the last 2 years has an aux input) Sometimes, I am good, other times the phone overheats. The only way I can use it is to use a car mount with a long neck. I position the phone in front if the air vent and get the A/C dialed up. This works fairly well, except in the winter.

Thanks
    09-11-2013 08:46 PM
    http://www.droid-life.com/2013/04/22...-payment-plan/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    09-11-2013 08:55 PM
    Nav use will cause any phone to heat up. And using as a streaming device cause chip to work extra hard. And heat kills battery fast.
    Ahhh....I got it. But I believe that Asurion (my insurance provider) is a separate company so Verizon may not have any skin in that game.

I hate my GNex so much, that I am considering going to BB tomorrow, have them PM Verizon on an LG G2 (which I am guessing is $599....though AT&T is $574) and then getting the phone on 18 month financing. So basically, I need to decide if $400 is worth it for me to replace my GNex.

Basically, most anything I do on my GNex causes it to heat up. If I am using it for more than 5 mins, the heat makes the phone S-L-O-W. When I am on a business trip, I use Nav and also like to use TuneIn Pro (every rental I've had in the last 2 years has an aux input) Sometimes, I am good, other times the phone overheats. The only way I can use it is to use a car mount with a long neck. I position the phone in front if the air vent and get the A/C dialed up. This works fairly well, except in the winter.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    09-11-2013 08:57 PM
    I had a cs rep roll both my family plan lines back from February 2014 to this past August.

They can do it. You just need to find a cs rep that gives a damn to actually help you. It was a week long ordeal with customer service for me...

Posted via Android Central App
    09-11-2013 09:25 PM
    Thanks for the notes folks. What really stinks is that my old phone (original Droid Incredible) seemed to be better at running Nav and TuneIn Pro simultaneously. It would slow down, but it didn't seem to be as bad as my GNex.
    With Nav alone my phone seems to be ok. When I add TuneIn to the mix things are iffy.
    My great fear is that I pay out of pocket to get the LG G2, and it too has the same issues.
    09-11-2013 09:31 PM
    Why not just buy a better phone used for the time being?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 2
    09-11-2013 09:46 PM
    Or get stand alone GPS unit. They have better features and really are in expensive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    09-11-2013 09:55 PM

The only used phone I would consider is the G4. If I buy a G4 used, it will actually run me about $500. Well, for $100 more, I'd rather just get a new LG G2. The GNex has left such a bad taste in my mouth, that I am hesitant to go with another Samsung. In addition to the issues I have, the smartphone, as a phone sucks. My wife's Moto Droid Razr MAXX is so much better as a phone. I have trouble hearing people. The volume varies on calls. One second is it quiet, the next I can hear just fine.
    09-11-2013 10:06 PM
    Or get stand alone GPS unit. They have better features and really are in expensive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    I would but I travel with so much electronic crap (Laptop, Nexus 7, phone, assortment of cables, sometimes a chromebook), that I am not interested in getting another electronic gadget. I also like the phone nav because of the updated traffic.
    09-11-2013 10:08 PM
    I have actually considered giving up my unlimited data. I know that this is sacrilege. Combined, my wife and I have never gone over 3.5GB. Combining our 2 highest months (different months) is about 4.5GB. If I go to a shared 6GB, I would guess that we should be just fine. But this is my last resort. If I can't get a rep to move my upgrade date back (which I friggin missed by 4 days), I will buy it flat out.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a cs rep roll both my family plan lines back from February 2014 to this past August.

They can do it. You just need to find a cs rep that gives a damn to actually help you. It was a week long ordeal with customer service for me...

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks for the info. I will try again tomorrow.
    09-11-2013 10:14 PM
    SUCCESS!!! Proud owner of an LG G2. Goodbye GNex!!!

Ok here is what happened. I called VZW today. I get a much friendlier CSR. We have a good rappaport going on. He tells me that he will try to get my upgrade date reinstated on my account. (Remember I have unlimited data). He tried and tried but his supervisor wouldn't budge. The CSR thought I might have a chance since I only missed the cutoff by 4 days AND I would lose unlimited data but no use.
    At the end he tells me to speak to a manager at a corporate store.
    So I visit the store, I am ready for all sorts of explanations as to why I need to upgrade early. The manager comes out, I tell him I'd like to upgrade since my upgrade date was pushed back 4 months and before I even start my spiel he says "Sure no problem". Woohoo!!! Here is where it gets even better. He asks a salesperson to help me. The salesperson gets my account up and asks, which line to do you want to upgrade. Holy moly. I immediately blurt out my wife's number since she is on a 2GB data plan. My wife's original upgrade date was Sept 25 (now Jan 25), so it hadn't even arrived yet.
    15 mins later, I am holding an LG G2. I ask the salesperson, what if my wife doesn't like the phone. Can I call VZW to swap phones around? (I know, I am being a bit coy since I am doing this to keep my unlimited data as my wife LOVES her Razr MAXX) He tells me that I don't even have to do that. Just swap the sim cards. I tried it at lunch and sure enough, it works. Now I need to get the sim card from the LG G2 (which is now in my GNex) onto my wife's phone tonight and I am golden.

I verified online. My account shows the LG G2 on my line (with unilimited data) and my GNex on my wife's line (because I swapped sim cards).

I only had to pay a $30 upgrade fee, which I gladly paid. I also bought their case as I felt almost obligated since the manager helped me out. (I know they make a huge markup on them)

So if the supervisor that I called today would have approved it, VZW would have had one fewer unlimited data plans on their books. But because he was so rigid, I now have the LG G2 and still have unlimited data.

A win-win.

Thanks for the replies.
    anon(3653) likes this.
    09-12-2013 01:54 PM
    Nice cobra!

I had upgraded my phone to a Droid Maxx using my dads upgrade and swapped in store. Some reps will do it and others won't for some odd reason. After being lied to over the phone (store reps, not CS) and going store to store I was furious. I did get a $20 credit for my trouble (not why I called nor did I ask) and I got my $30 upgrade fee waived. Glad it all worked out for you.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    09-13-2013 09:26 AM
    Thanks Eclipse! I am so giddy that I haven't even gone back to see if I could get the Verizon30 code instated.
    Wait, you are Eclipse and your Avatar is a TL....oh man I am so confused.
    09-13-2013 11:51 AM
    Thanks Eclipse! I am so giddy that I haven't even gone back to see if I could get the Verizon30 code instated.
    Wait, you are Eclipse and your Avatar is a TL....oh man I am so confused.
    Eclipse2K was used way back in the day and never had anything to do with the car. I have been a huge Honda fan for the longest time and its all I will buy. For the record though its not a TL but rather a 2012 TSX w/tech package and rear spoiler.

The Verizon30 code probably wouldn't work. I got the fee removed by customer service which is nothing new. I also had the fee waived for my sister and niece about a year ago.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    09-13-2013 02:04 PM