I am getting a kick out of their newest ad campaign. I live in NJ and talk to many with AT&T. I can't tell you how many times I have had to call them back or they had to go to a landline because of dropped calls.

Who are they kidding? I guess between the Map for that ads and the release of the Droid is scaring them a little.
    11-22-2009 02:57 PM
    I also like how they say they have the most popular smartphones on there service... 1 phone... iPhone...

They also say they have 100,000 apps! That only work on 1 phone... iPhone..lol

My old law firm wouldnt even support iPhones because they didn't get service an any of our buildings hahah
    11-22-2009 03:06 PM
    I found it amusing that their map is strikingly similar to Verizon's 3G Map, except it only shows any sort of coverage, not just 3G. If at&t should sue anyone for false advertising, it should be themselves. I know quite a few people who live near me (Upstate NY) who get horrendous coverage with at&t.
    11-22-2009 03:31 PM
    i feel like what verizon did to at&t, at&t is now doing to their customers. except for the the fact that verizon distinctly says 3G in all of their adds which clarifies the point they are making. at&t does not say anything like 3g, edge, data. they only say that if covers that amount which is devieving on their part. so why not just have at&t customers just sue them now. i mean that is decieving, right? they say clearly that it is in response to verizons adds, and verizon is critisizing their 3g coverage, so by at&t not clarifying that they are only refering to cell reception wouldnt that be false advertisement. i hate how at&t just tries to justify itself rather then improve. hell, even tmobile is trying to build itself up and get more coverage. and are they complaining, no. if this is at&t's attitude towards competition, once they lose the iphone they are royally scr@w@d
    11-22-2009 03:43 PM
    I usually say go with the carrier who is best in your area. I do however have friends who are with AT&T and a few try to defend their coverage....even after they drop a call several times...I assume they just cant admit they made a bad choice. I travel for work which makes my carrier decision easy = Verizon.
    11-22-2009 04:19 PM
    I personally think that AT&T is waiting to expand their 3G coverage area because when 2011 hits their entire service area nationwide will be 4G...................bwahhahahahha! Did I actually just write that?! That's too funny.
    11-22-2009 09:38 PM
    ya but with at&t's history and what they have to show for it, 4g will be available in 20 cities and they will still be bragging about how everybody gets EDGE coverage.
    11-22-2009 10:43 PM
    I like how they said they cover that many Americans, but say nothing about their high speed coverage, which was what Verizon was advertising that they didn't even have... I don't think there is any reason to go to them for any phone on their network now with it being so overloaded.
    12-11-2009 08:21 PM
    The real farce is that they say its their network, but a huge portion of their coverage map is roaming. Roaming shouldn't count.
    12-28-2009 09:29 AM
    I love the football game commercial where the verizon map is blocking the screen, but the att doesn't.

My wife bought me an iPhone a year ago when we were thinking about switching to att just for the iPhone (we love the ipod touch, figured the phone would be great). I had it for 13 days, couldn't use any data services, and I'd say 1 out of every 5 calls got dropped or couldn't be completed. I know so many people who hate att but put up with it just to have that dumb iphone.
    01-11-2010 12:09 AM
    I have ATT service on a Touch Pro, it works flawlessly. But then again, I'm in Fort Worth...
    01-24-2010 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD