aio vs gophone

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I will be switching from ST att Sim to either aio or att's go phone. A few questions:
1) what is the final cost for each plan? I know aio is $55 but is there tax? And same for the $60 go phone plan?...
2) is there a difference between signal strength between the two?
3) how many days will it take to make the switch?

Thank you for your help. I have been frustrated with straight talk and their $45 "unlimited" plan, which is $50.16 after taxes. Looking for other options on att's network.

Posted via Android Central App

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Not an expert on the service but what I do know is..

1. There is no Tax with the AIO plan just bought it.. 55 even
2. There should be no signal strength difference, however AIO data speed is capped at 4MB for HSPA and 8MB for LTE, go phone has no Speed caps but cuts your data off AT the 2GB limit

If your porting a number, while I have not doen it with this paritcular servece, my pas experiance with aTT was it took about 24 hours for the port to completely go through.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, actually I will not be switching to aio wireless because they currently cannot port numbers from straight talk, trac phone or net 10 customers through their online activation. Guess I'm stuck with ST for now!

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Why not port your ST number to google Voice? That would be a great way to do it then slowly transition everything to your new AIO number

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Why not port your ST number to google Voice? That would be a great way to do it then slowly transition everything to your new AIO number

I need to keep my same number and didn't want to get a new aio one.... And I am not sure how the Google voice stuff works.

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Make a free google voice account if you don't already have one, pay 10 bucks to port your number to google voice. All phone calls and texts will go to whatever device you have google voice instaleld and configured on (you can have up to 4 devices ring or work with the same google voice number)

You have the freedom to switch your phone number as much as you'dlike and retain the one you don't want to loose on google voicce.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Make a free google voice account if you don't already have one, pay 10 bucks to port your number to google voice. All phone calls and texts will go to whatever device you have google voice instaleld and configured on (you can have up to 4 devices ring or work with the same google voice number)

You have the freedom to switch your phone number as much as you'dlike and retain the one you don't want to loose on google voicce.

Can you receive picture texts with Google voice?

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
DolphinDroid: Which MVNO/Carrier are you using? I have Ting right now -- doesn't work for me.

I am not presently using one, but have an acquaintance who said he received a MMS to his gmail using Straight Talk...but it was sent by a Sprint user. From what I have read that is the key factor...the carrier sent from, not received as it is "received " via email.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084