Hello, I want to sign up for Verizon and order the gold 5s. While waiting for the 5s to be shipped which may takes weeks/months, can I use my old iphone 5 in the meantime on the new line? Do I need to wait for the 5s to start the service? I can't start new service on an old phone while waiting for the new phone to delivery? TIA
    10-04-2013 01:36 AM
    You should be able to use a old phone as long as you have service and then switch it when the device comes in. As long as you bring your own device and not sure your update.

Sent from my A500 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-04-2013 02:13 AM
    Call Verizon and ask if you can open a line and order the iPhone 5S. Ask if you can have the line activated immediately so you can use your own device.

You did say start up Verizon service so I take it you don't have it. All of this depends on whether or not your current device supports Verizon.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    10-04-2013 07:31 AM
    Yes, I currently have an iphone 5 from Verizon not I'm not using. I hope Verizon can activate my service with it while I wait for the 5S to be delivered and not have to wait to start my service until the 5S comes.
    10-04-2013 09:59 AM
    Yes, I currently have an iphone 5 from Verizon not I'm not using. I hope Verizon can activate my service with it while I wait for the 5S to be delivered and not have to wait to start my service until the 5S comes.
    I don't see why they couldn't. Or at the very least you could ask for a new month to month service and you'll be bringing your own phone. Tell them that you're going to pre-order an iPhone 5S and sign a 2 year agreement but you need service now. Verizon isn't going to turn you away.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    10-04-2013 10:52 AM
    Yeah, you can just open a new line and activate the iPhone 5 that you have already. From there, once you set up My Verizon online, you will see Month to Month on that line, and you will be eligible for an "upgrade". You can just order the iPhone 5s and continue using the 5 until the 5s arrives.

No need to really go into specifics on what you want to do with them, just activate your own device on a new line, then go online and order the new phone.
    10-04-2013 11:09 AM