what are the pros and cons?

If I remember correctly, after the 1yr man warranty ends, verizons warranty only cover damaged devices, meaning if the wifi stops working, but the phone is still in good shape, they dont cover it... is that still the case?

right now I pay $6/month which is $144 for 2yrs
    I can get a sqr trade warranty for $95 and I think it covers more then verizons....

thanx for any insight
    10-04-2013 11:13 AM
    I use square trade. Got one for the Moto X last week. I paid about 85$ for it. Called customer service and they hooked me up, due to having warranties on my other phone and TV. I like it because you pay about 90$ deductible and they give you a new phone. Plus they cover everything, screen, water damage, drops, all of it as long as you get the accidentally damage handling one. I have a coupon code for 30% off if you need it.

T-mobile Moto X
    10-04-2013 11:21 AM
    I use square trade. Got one for the Moto X last week. I paid about 85$ for it. Called customer service and they hooked me up, due to having warranties on my other phone and TV. I like it because you pay about 90$ deductible and they give you a new phone. Plus they cover everything, screen, water damage, drops, all of it as long as you get the accidentally damage handling one. I have a coupon code for 30% off if you need it.

T-mobile Moto X
    Do you have to send the device in before you get a replacement? I wouldn't be able to do that.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    10-04-2013 11:25 AM
    I have Verizon's Extended Warranty on wife's line and Verizon's Total Equipment Coverage on my line. In fact, I do have a SquareTrade Warranty on my Jetpack 890L, but so far, I haven't had any issues with it, but I remember buying it since I got the Jetpack off of eBay. So while I do have Squaretrade, I have never invoked it.

Verizon's on the other hand, I can speak for and I can even highly recommend it. Monthly fee analysis aside, it is better to have, at a minimum, Verizon's Extended Warranty than not, if it is available to you. While it does add to the monthly cost, if you still have the same phone after two years and it decides to die on you, it becomes awesome to have. I just got two Droid Charges replaced with CLN (Certified Like New) Galaxy S3s! It's like getting an upgrade! The wife has had her S3 for a couple of days and she loves it! I'm going to sell mine and get a Note 3 and can get wayyyyy more than the $65 no one wanted to pay for my Droid Charge (can't say I blame them, yet I was able to sell a Samsung Continuum?! LMAO...). Cheapest S3 I saw on Swappa was $245 for good condition. Cheapest one I saw sold was $225. No brainer...lol.

So in short, I highly recommend the EW (at a minimum.) If you think there's a chance you might lose your phone, then go with TEC.
    10-04-2013 01:29 PM
    Do you have to send the device in before you get a replacement? I wouldn't be able to do that.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    I believe that you do. Check their website tho.

T-mobile Moto X
    10-04-2013 08:52 PM
    Verizon extended warranty is $3/mo and covers manufacturers defects for as long as you have it. No deductible

Asurion wpp Insurance covers physical damage, water damage, loss or theft and is $5.18

Both can be combined for $8,or used individually. I prefer Verizon extended warranty as it covers whatever active phone I have on the line.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4
    dcastillo likes this.
    10-04-2013 09:24 PM
    Verizon extended warranty is $3/mo and covers manufacturers defects for as long as you have it. No deductible

Asurion wpp Insurance covers physical damage, water damage, loss or theft and is $5.18

Both can be combined for $8,or used individually. I prefer Verizon extended warranty as it covers whatever active phone I have on the line.

Can I wait till the manufacturers warranty is done then pay the 3 per month for Verizons?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-05-2013 08:33 AM
    Can I wait till the manufacturers warranty is done then pay the 3 per month for Verizons?

Posted via Android Central App

No. You have to get the warranty within 30 days (usually when you get service with a new line/new device). Otherwise, it becomes unavailable. If you buy a "new" phone to replace an old one, you're able to get the service then.
    10-05-2013 08:54 AM
    No. You have to get the warranty within 30 days (usually when you get service with a new line/new device). Otherwise, it becomes unavailable. If you buy a "new" phone to replace an old one, you're able to get the service then.
    Yeah, that is where they get you. They are getting one year payment where you don't need to use it since you have manufacturers warranty.

10-05-2013 09:26 AM
    Yeah, that is where they get you. They are getting one year payment where you don't need to use it since you have manufacturers warranty.
    That is one way of looking at it...but let's say you pay $3 a month for whatever and something breaks on the 24th month. You spent $72 for a new phone. In my case, this was the Galaxy S3 as an alternate replacement (from a Droid Charge.) $10/month for Insurance in that same scenario is $240. I always tell people to get, at a minimum, the extended warranty, because after two years, you get a better shot of getting a nice upgrade from the crap you had before or at worst, a CLN (Certified Like New) device you can sell for a small premium and get the phone you want. If you have lost your phone at least once, then you should get insurance.
    10-05-2013 10:50 AM