Will Verizon follow T-Mobile footsteps?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well seeing as how they are moving people from unlimited to unlimited... Doubt it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
you should hope they are.

I went from my unlimited, unthrottled plan of $20/month (data) to the same plan + tethering for $18 a month because I'm a loyal (read longer than 5 years) customer.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sure they will but we will lose the unlimited data. However, I won't be under contract and I'll use that as my bargaining chip. They can offer me at least 4 GB for $30 or I'll walk. I would actually do it too but I hope it doesn't come to this.

Good service with no data limits > Better service with strict limits

I wouldn't want to worry if I could watch video on the go. I just want to smack a carrier when they tell me "well you don't use data on WiFi". Well no crap but most likely if I'm on WiFi I'm not watching video on a small screen either.
Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I mean technically if they want to force people off the unlimited they just will find a way.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

jamesish

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
They tried. Unless you paid full price for a device you couldn't get a new phone and keep your plan. You would lose your plan trying to get a phone at a discount. That glitch was a lucky break and one Verizon will never do again. They only honored it because of the possible outlash.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Sure they will but we will lose the unlimited data. However, I won't be under contract and I'll use that as my bargaining chip. They can offer me at least 4 GB for $30 or I'll walk. I would actually do it too but I hope it doesn't come to this.

Why sell yourself short? Verizon offered me 6GB to get off my unlimited data (Max or whatever.) If you have to get limited, go for 8GB for $30.

Short story shorter, I'm still on unlimited.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
They tried. Unless you paid full price for a device you couldn't get a new phone and keep your plan. You would lose your plan trying to get a phone at a discount.

I too thought that until I read up on the "alternate upgrade." Getting a dumb phone line and upgrading was WAAAAAAAAAY cheaper than paying full price (and I did Device Payment Plan also for the Note 2...never again.)

Thanks to the glitch, Verizon has to keep unlimited data around for at least 2 years. [9/30/2015] By that time, I'm hoping T-Mobile has their s--t together. (Should Verizon pull some crap.)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Why sell yourself short? Verizon offered me 6GB to get off my unlimited data (Max or whatever.) If you have to get limited, go for 8GB for $30.

Short story shorter, I'm still on unlimited.

I would take that if I had to switch but I just got a Droid Maxx and I'm still under my original Unlimited Data plan. I'm just not sure if they will offer the 6 GB when I do need to upgrade but I'm sure I could "force" it if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol