Straight Talk / Star N9589 MTK6589 / AT&T SIM / 'No Service'

Cristobal1991

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been having a lot of trouble setting up my Star N9589 with Straight Talk through an AT&T SIM. The card is recognized by the phone, yet I will continiously get a 'No Service' error. I've changed the APN settings about a dozen times, and there's still no luck. Recommendations and advice?

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
You're not the only one. I have 4 grey H bars on my Nexus 4. Last time this happened to me, I was on a Tmo sim card. Must be a straight talk issue. It should be fixed tonight.

Cristobal1991

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Still no luck for me! I've been hearing that a lot of Straight Talk customers have been having problems with bringing unlocked devices to the network. I'm thinking about going up to AT&T tomorrow, and seeing if someone there can attempt to add their prepaid plan to my phone. I contacted the company that sent me the phone, they said everything should be fine, it fits all the GSM requirements. It's just a really unfortunate situation due to the fact that I may not get a refund for the minutes that I bought from Straight Talk.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Still no luck for me! I've been hearing that a lot of Straight Talk customers have been having problems with bringing unlocked devices to the network. I'm thinking about going up to AT&T tomorrow, and seeing if someone there can attempt to add their prepaid plan to my phone. I contacted the company that sent me the phone, they said everything should be fine, it fits all the GSM requirements. It's just a really unfortunate situation due to the fact that I may not get a refund for the minutes that I bought from Straight Talk.

It could be a bad SIM card too or even tray. (More than likely the card though)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech