VZW Number Port out issue to AIO

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Here's my dilemma on Oct. 2nd I tried to port my number to AIO Wireless by choosing ordering a BYOD sim kit and the AIO Smart Plan only thing is I never received a confirmation email or shipping email 4 days later after checking that my CC was indeed charged I called AIO CS and spoke to a rep who told me that they never received the order and my port didn't go through. After this debacle I disputed the charge and my bank credited me back the charge so I then decided to try Net10 and port my number but I receive a call from Net10 customer service saying the port wasn't possible as AIO was still trying to port my number :eek:
I call Verizon after speaking with Net10 to inquire about the port, they told me that AIO would have to cancel the port in so my number would be available to port out again so I call AIO right after and the rep told he couldn't find anything regarding my number or a port in request then proceeds to put me on hold comes back after a few minutes and gives me an account number informing me that they have been having delays with port in requests and that he would call me when the port goes through :mad: I ask him to cancel the port in request but he proceeds to tell me that if he does I would lose my number *pulls out hair* but the thing is I still have service with Verizon obviously while waiting for the port in to occur, to cover my bases I decided to call Verizon again and they said if AIO did cancel the port in request I wouldn't lose my number. I'm at a loss here on what to do if anyone with any insight can help I would appreciate it :)

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
This hasn't happened to me but I was thinking about switching from Verizon to Aio. But after reading this I'm thinking I'll stick to Verizon. Well you can wait until Aio processes your port and keep using your Verizon account until it stops working. Then port back to Verizon. Since VZ is so big there shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my Verizon Note 3 using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
This hasn't happened to me but I was thinking about switching from Verizon to Aio. But after reading this I'm thinking I'll stick to Verizon. Well you can wait until Aio processes your port and keep using your Verizon account until it stops working. Then port back to Verizon. Since VZ is so big there shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah this was a major headache. I wouldn't want to go that route as I would lose unlimited data.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this was a major headache. I wouldn't want to go that route as I would lose unlimited data.

Oh that's true. Well I don't have unlimited data. So I have no ties to Verizon whatsoever. And I really want the Nexus 5. But AT&T is more expensive than VZ here in Seattle. And T-Mobile has no footprint here. It sucks.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh that's true. Well I don't have unlimited data. So I have no ties to Verizon whatsoever. And I really want the Nexus 5. But AT&T is more expensive than VZ here in Seattle. And T-Mobile has no footprint here. It sucks.

Oh bummer yeah I'm going to go the $30 T-Mo plan route now.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh bummer yeah I'm going to go the $30 T-Mo plan route now.

I have that $30 T-Mo sim. I bought it to try out service. I was using a crappy old flip phone though. I couldn't test 4G speeds. Call quality was good though. I think I need a real phone to actually give it a fair shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech