Switching from ATT to ATT Go Phone

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Currently paying ~75 a month after fees for 450 minutes, pay per use text messaging and 3 gb of data. I am thinking of going to the 60 go phone plan since I can probably get away with just 2 gb of data. I mainly use hangouts and g voice for text but it's annoying that I can't send mms and I keep getting texts from people who have not removed my old att number.

The problem is if I don't like Go Phone the normal ATT share plans are now way more expensive so if I had to go back it would be a big problem. I tried T-Mobile and that didn't work out so Att is really my only option where I can keep my S4 GPE.

Suggestions? Is the ~15$ savings a month worth a switch?

Only1Z

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Currently paying ~75 a month after fees for 450 minutes, pay per use text messaging and 3 gb of data. I am thinking of going to the 60 go phone plan since I can probably get away with just 2 gb of data. I mainly use hangouts and g voice for text but it's annoying that I can't send mms and I keep getting texts from people who have not removed my old att number.

The problem is if I don't like Go Phone the normal ATT share plans are now way more expensive so if I had to go back it would be a big problem. I tried T-Mobile and that didn't work out so Att is really my only option where I can keep my S4 GPE.

Suggestions? Is the ~15$ savings a month worth a switch?

The easiest thing to do would be to go to the store and get a SIM card for GoPhone and put it in your phone. Yes you will have a new phone number temporarily but you can at least try it out without committing to it. Also, you have call forwarding on AT&T so you could forward your main number to the new GoPhone number just to try it out for a month. It won't help your text messaging problem with people sending texts to your old number. But you can at least try out the service before you commit. From everything I'm hearing as of late, GoPhone customers are treated the same way as postpaid customers and you probably won't notice a difference in service.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch with a 5 minute visit to the ATT store. So far no difference from post paid other than price and unlimited talk and text.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37