Trouble activating today?

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Opened up my brand new white Note 3 and I've been trying to activate it for the past two hours with no luck. I'm assuming this is because Verizoni s getting slammed with tons of new activations today. Should I just keep clicking retry or give up and wait until tonight? Any work arounds?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Opened up my brand new white Note 3 and I've been trying to activate it for the past two hours with no luck. I'm assuming this is because Verizoni s getting slammed with tons of new activations today. Should I just keep clicking retry or give up and wait until tonight? Any work arounds?

Have you tried calling Verizon yer

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Do I call from the new phone? Number?
with your phone there should have been a 1-877 number that you call for new device activations. It is all spelled out in the brochure that came with your phone. If a brochure didn't come with your phone, you can find instructions here:

How to Activate Your Device - Verizon Wireless

However, that video doesn't say anything about calling the 1-877 number. The 1-877 number is necessary because they put a hold on all new devices to help stop theft during transit and you have to call that number to release the hold.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
It could be the SIM CARD - did your package come with a SIM CARD already inside the phone, plus an additional sim card in the box? My issue was the SIM CARD assigned to my account was the EXTRA one, and not the one that was already in the phone... SWAP them and try activation again

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
It could be the SIM CARD - did your package come with a SIM CARD already inside the phone, plus an additional sim card in the box? My issue was the SIM CARD assigned to my account was the EXTRA one, and not the one that was already in the phone... SWAP them and try activation again

I received a CLN and didn't notice the new SIM in the box and called Customer service and they had to wipe out data about SIM in phone and update it with me
My info. After 30 minutes it was activated. Next day I found the new SIM I was supposed to have used

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Verizon has been getting bad at that..... I spent a good 5 hours on and off with TECH people, calling from my SPRINT phone that kept Dropping the call and finally i was like "OMG WAIT, In the box there was a sim card, plus one in the phone"... Thats when the lightbulb went off that it was the wrong sim card

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463