Perfect Phone?

angelisawesome

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello Guys.
Can you guys help me pick a phone. It doesn't matter to me what kinda specs it has as long as it can keep up with social networking and a little gaming here and there. I've always been an iphone person except I hate the hassle of putting music in it please help! I also want a good camera and a phone that will get updated alot. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If I was making a choice today, I would be having a hard time choosing between LG G2 or Sony Z1. I know for a fact Sony's good with the updates these days. LG, can't really say... Fantastic phone though, got to play with it a bit and it's looking good. Whatever you choose, buy it outright, preferably an unlocked international version from a known vendor like Amazon.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Updated alot? Google devices (nexus) would be your best bet.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
You might want to consider the Moto X and Nexus 5. They both have clean UI, good camera, and will get timely updates.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just get the N5! Pure Google and you get updates before the rest of the world! Don't like pure? Get a launcher! Not to mention its CHEAP off contract and it works on all of the major carriers minus Verizon.

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
As SactoKingsFan suggested, take a look at Nexus 5 or Moto X. I personally prefer Moto X...
Whichever device you choose you wont regret...

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Perfect phone? Does not exist. Just acceptable compromises. "Acceptable" being defined by the buyer.

For me: The closest thing to a perfect phone would be a Moto X with user-replaceable battery, SD card slot and WiFi calling. Close seconds would be a Moto G or Nexus 5 with user-replaceable batteries, SD card slots and WiFi calling. 2nd place contenders might be Samsung S-series handsets w/o Samsung's crappy, bloated add-ons, or an HTC One with SD card slot and user-replaceable battery.

Unfortunately: None of those actually exist. Probably the N5 comes closest. That's assuming it has WiFi calling. I'm assuming it does, since T-Mobile sells it. If not: Than I suppose a Samsung S or HTC One, depending upon which features are more important to you.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There's no perfect phone IMO but I'm very happy with my G2. Fast, powerful, slim, lightweight, good camera, does ROMs well. Overall a lot to like.

CM on OgPro

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Okay so my final options are the iphone 5c , HTC one or the samsung galaxy s4.

Of those I'd probably select a BLACK HTC One (if you can find one with no visible gaps between the metal and plastic). The S4 is nice too but I'd prolly choose the the HTC One first.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd probably choose the One, simply because I've had so many bad experiences with Samsung's mucked-up Android releases. (I just replaced Samsung's garbage with CM on my wife's tablet.) HTC's Sense UI generally gets high marks. TouchWiz: Not so much.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Okay so my final options are the iphone 5c , HTC one or the samsung galaxy s4.

Can you tell us why the Nexus 5 and the Moto X aren't in contention even though both seem to meet you criteria?

Also, are we talking the OEM versions of the One and the GS4 or the GPE versions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

angelisawesome

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The moto x is too expensive and the nexus 5 has no additional feautures besides always getting the latest version of android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21