Can't really talk sourcing here (that's what makes it a blind item, of course), but I've gotten word that the Verizon CFO was spotted recently with an unknown Android phone that had LTE symbols in the top bar.

Not that great a surprise that there might be one in testing, and I'm still hearing that it's pretty unlikely we'll see one released this year.

Still. Me wants LTE!
    09-18-2010 08:32 PM
    Me also wants a battery that can handle LTE along with that dual-core processor!
    09-18-2010 09:02 PM
    Hmm would be nice to see one this holiday season would create alot of buzz
    09-18-2010 10:57 PM
    Can't really talk sourcing here (that's what makes it a blind item, of course), but I've gotten word that the Verizon CFO was spotted recently with an unknown Android phone that had LTE symbols in the top bar.

Not that great a surprise that there might be one in testing, and I'm still hearing that it's pretty unlikely we'll see one released this year.

Still. Me wants LTE!
    its no guarantee it will be released. heres what i waited a year for and never seen Sprint Trials Mobile TV Using M250 (Phone Scoop)

09-19-2010 03:09 AM

Still. Me wants LTE!
    Do you have any info, blind or not, on an LTE timeframe (for phones). I'm thinking of moving to Verizon to get the Droid X, but might hold off if LTE phones are coming soon.
    09-20-2010 03:22 PM
    Me also wants a battery that can handle LTE along with that dual-core processor!
    I'll certainly agree with the LTE part, but the dual-core processor part is a misunderstanding of the technology; the dual-core systems will use less power even though they are clocked higher. I know it sounds counter0intuitive, but for reasons having to do primarily with the reduction in transistor size, and consequent reduction in die size the systems are much more efficient.

So dual-cores may actually be necessary to allow LTE devices to get as much battery life as we get on our current devices.
    09-20-2010 03:32 PM
    Do you have any info, blind or not, on an LTE timeframe (for phones). I'm thinking of moving to Verizon to get the Droid X, but might hold off if LTE phones are coming soon.
    i would go ahead and get the Droid X, LTE when launched with only be in like 3 major cities (im guessing Las Vegas, LA, new york)
    09-20-2010 04:57 PM
    As was previously posted, LTE will be launched in 33 major US markets.
    09-20-2010 05:02 PM
    Verizon is launching LTE in 25-30 Markets on 11/15 and will cover over 120 million subscribers. This is a much larger initial outing that Sprint did or ATT is planning. I think by end of 2010 VZW's 4G map will exceed ATT's 3G map.

VZW is planning to announce 5 phones in January, most likely CTIA where the CEO is Key Note Speaker. The 5 phones will be launched by May 2011 and come from all major manufacturers (HTC, LG, RIM, Mototrola).

Those come from VZW announcements or thing the CEO or a VZW resource said publicly. Engadget (Or someone) put a rumor that the 30 markets are NFL cities. There are 32 NFL Teams and 2 are in NY, so that leaves one out in the cold if the rumor is true.

So if you can wait until May 2011 it may be worth it. Be prepared for a tiered data plan.

Other rumors are that the Storm 3 from RIM will be one of the first and that it won't be running BB6, but something more Android like, based on the QNX OS RIM Acquired in April 2010. In those rumors it was cited that an android device might beat the S3 out the door and be first. Other rumor is that the iPhone will come to VZW with 4G since their facetime app is designed for higher bandwidth networks than what ATT offers. That would be Apples way out of exclusivity since ATT can't support Face time, and VZW could. That may be somewhat true since ATT seems to have shorted their LTE time table with a mid 2011 launch for 75 Million users,,

That's all i Got....
    09-20-2010 07:00 PM
    That is sweet! Hopefully this phone can be released just before Christmas! Like late December. That would be such a money maker.

Do you have any other information on this Android Phone Phil?! Like Manufacturer? Release date? Anything?!
    09-20-2010 07:55 PM
    yea, the proposed phone is the new palm 700wx-LTE! woo hoo!!!!!
    09-21-2010 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD