Verizon: Can you change the phone number on an UDP line that you assume liability on?

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have repeatedly been told by Verizon that the answer is no. And I have been told that by regular reps as well as by AOL reps.

Has anyone ever done this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can you change the phone number on an UDP line that you assume liability on?

I'm not sure why your data plan would make any difference, but changing the phone number can be done entirely online from the MyVerizon site. You have to be the account owner or an authorized user, which if you did a legal AOL you should be.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can you change the phone number on an UDP line that you assume liability on?

I'm not sure why your data plan would make any difference, but changing the phone number can be done entirely online from the MyVerizon site. You have to be the account owner or an authorized user, which if you did a legal AOL you should be.
So you can just request a new phone number for a line online? Can you switch the new UDP line to a phone number already on your line and give your other line a new number?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

So you can just request a new phone number for a line online? Can you switch the new UDP line to a phone number already on your line and give your other line a new number?

1st part yes, 2nd part I *think* is no. I'm not aware of any way to trade data plans between lines.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

1st part yes, 2nd part I *think* is no. I'm not aware of any way to trade data plans between lines.

Do you get any choice in selecting a phone number for your line when you go to change it?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Do you get any choice in selecting a phone number for your line when you go to change it?

You can only change the area code and prefix, based on a zipcode. The last 4 digits are automatically assigned :(

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was able to change the # on a udp I bought on ebay once I had it transferred over to my name. Before this I was on Verizon prepaid and they allowed me to keep my prepaid # but first I had to cancel the prepaid account. Hopefully you'll get an experienced rep, if not try again and again.

Posted via Android Central App

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

If you want a certain number you will need to call Verizon and they can change it. But doing it online has it's limits.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using AC Forums mobile app

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

If you want a certain number you will need to call Verizon and they can change it. But doing it online has it's limits.
I have a tiered data line that I would like to move an UDP line's phone number to. I don't care what number goes on the UDP line. Will they do that switch?

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I have a tiered data line that I would like to move an UDP line's phone number to. I don't care what number goes on the UDP line. Will they do that switch?

I just called and they said they would do it. Good to know if I ever buy another UDP line.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That would be interesting if you could transfer your number to a UDP line.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995