Why is the Sprint traditional 2 year agreement no longer an option at Sprint stores?

tedsc

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
We went into a Sprint store the other day to renew 2 of the 4 agreements on my plan. They pitched me the new Framily plan. I listened to the pitch and it seemed to me the disconnect is that I always counted the phone subsidy as part of my monthly cost even though it is not itemized. The way I understand Framily saves me monthly on the bill until you add in the phone financing payment. At that point upgrading 2 of the 4 phones on my plan adds $30 a month to my plan.

I tell them I would rather just renew the standard 2 year agreement. They inform me they are not able to do that, they are only able to sign the new plan moving forward.
I have been happy with Sprint for 4 years now and I appreciate that they are trying to evolve. Having said that, I find myself wishing T-Mobl had the same kind of unlimited data Sprint offers to get away from the Framily limitations.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: WHy is the Sprint traditional 2 year agreement no longer an option at Sprint stores?

I haven't heard that they're replacing regular contracts. I'd call customer service and try to renew the plans you want.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: WHy is the Sprint traditional 2 year agreement no longer an option at Sprint stores?

Like other carriers Sprint is going away from device subsidies. And doing easy pay.

Posted via Android Central App

cerob

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Call customer service or order the phones online, Sprint has not done away with the 2 year contract option for customers.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Just head to best buy

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Having said that, I find myself wishing T-Mobl had the same kind of unlimited data

What do you mean? T-Mobile offers fully unlimited, unthrottled data just like Sprint.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

What do you mean? T-Mobile offers fully unlimited, unthrottled data just like Sprint.

In What Country? Not in this one

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

In What Country? Not in this one

Yes? In this one?

T-Mobile offers fully unlimited data.. It's been part of their uncarrier strategy since the beginning.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
See below.

Attachments

• 1392099492353.jpg
    1392099492353.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 191

Ivi B

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Sprint is trying to be like T-Mobile. no contract no more. but Wal- Mart still does the standard 2 years contract for Sprint.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Avoid the Sprint store. Go Best Buy or Costco (better price but membership required).

Posted via the Android Central App

Hiney106

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a sprint supervisor, the reason the sprint stores are telling you no more 2 year contracts is because the people working there get commision on the new no contract plans. a Sprint supervisor told me this. they still have the 2 year contracts......

perfecthybrid

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
My parents got sold on this when they upgraded phones. I told them the in store rep was wrong but they didn't think to go to another store at the time because they believed the rep. It's disappointing that the reps are outright lying to get the commission. Incidentally jumping to the framily like they are told they had to completely botched their account (exactly what the rep said would not happen). They ended up spending a few hours on the phone with Sprint to get it untangled and back to what it was before.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
My parents got sold on this when they upgraded phones. I told them the in store rep was wrong but they didn't think to go to another store at the time because they believed the rep. It's disappointing that the reps are outright lying to get the commission. Incidentally jumping to the framily like they are told they had to completely botched their account (exactly what the rep said would not happen). They ended up spending a few hours on the phone with Sprint to get it untangled and back to what it was before.

Not saying its right, but they literally don't get paid if you do a contract. It's sprints fault. I wouldn't work for free either

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

joey_h946

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
We went into a Sprint store the other day to renew 2 of the 4 agreements on my plan. They pitched me the new Framily plan. I listened to the pitch and it seemed to me the disconnect is that I always counted the phone subsidy as part of my monthly cost even though it is not itemized. The way I understand Framily saves me monthly on the bill until you add in the phone financing payment. At that point upgrading 2 of the 4 phones on my plan adds $30 a month to my plan.

I tell them I would rather just renew the standard 2 year agreement. They inform me they are not able to do that, they are only able to sign the new plan moving forward.
I have been happy with Sprint for 4 years now and I appreciate that they are trying to evolve. Having said that, I find myself wishing T-Mobl had the same kind of unlimited data Sprint offers to get away from the Framily limitations.

I know I'm showing up late to the party... But the reason 2 year contracts aren't available with sprint, and other companies for that matter, is simply because of money. With a 2 year contract, sprint doesn't make money off of you until after the first year, which isn't very cost efficient

Last edited by a moderator:

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I know I'm showing up late to the party... But the reason 2 year contracts aren't available with sprint, and other companies for that matter, is simply because of money. With a 2 year contract, sprint doesn't make money off of you until after the first year, which isn't very cost efficient

That's simply not true. It was basically the same way it is now, but they show you the price you're paying instead of building it into the plan

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar