AT&T: Terrible customer service

bolm86

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
So this is my most recent issue with Att but I always seem to have problems with them. Does anyone have good luck with them?? I recently bought my sister a Moto G to upgrade from her basic messaging phone and needed a new micro Sim to activate her service. I went into my local store and had them give me a Sim so I could call and activate it when I gave her the phone as it took a micro sin instead of the standard she had before. That was the easy part. So I give her the phone last night and call in to activate Sim and sit on hold for 23 minutes. Finally I hang up to try for another way of getting to an actual person and the office is closed. It actually closed while I was on hold. Did they expect me to stay on hold until they opened back up??? So since that didn't work I decided to try their online chat. And more problems ensued. The initial rep I was chatting with ended up activating the Sim card I needed on the wrong phone line for my account.
Then he transferred me to tech support to finish the activation without telling me he screwed it up to begin with just passing the problem on. I had planned on having my sisters new phone all set up for her and it was ruined by this mistake now she will have to find time to go to an att store to get another Sim and have that activated for her new phone. It really ruins a gift when the person has to deal with the hassle of going to the store and activating it themselves. There was a reason I got the Sim card from the store ahead of time to activate it when I gave her the phone so it wouldn't shut off her phone in the mean time. I'm not happy and consistently have problems with the customer service they have. I will be looking into different service for my phones very soon.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Terrible customer service

I've had a few small issues with less than knowledgeable CS reps, but that's going to be the case on any carrier. I haven't had any deal breaking experiences though, like a botched upgrade or something irreversible.

bolm86

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

This is on top of calling in for warranty service on my wife's S3 about a month ago. When after the app they make you install so they can control your phone they did a reset and bricked her phone and she had to go without for 2 days while they sent a new one out. It's always a new issue with then.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

This is on top of calling in for warranty service on my wife's S3 about a month ago. When after the app they make you install so they can control your phone they did a reset and bricked her phone and she had to go without for 2 days while they sent a new one out. It's always a new issue with then.

Yeah I wouldn't be ok with that at all. They won't be installing any apps on my phone.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I haven't had any major issues with AT&T customer service. Needed a new SIM card and they gave me a free case since I had to wait 45 min.

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I have not had any major issues with att over the years either. I hope you get things working and you never have to deal with it again. Sounds like the rep was an issue. Not cool though.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I too am in the "good luck" boat. They have always helped when needed or credited me for no reason really. It's hit or miss with the CS reps as some dont care and dont pay attention during training, whether it be online training or live training.

I don't mean to bring up the should've scenario, but maybe just have the in store reps do things for you if you have the time. GOOD LUCK!

bolm86

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I too am in the "good luck" boat. They have always helped when needed or credited me for no reason really. It's hit or miss with the CS reps as some dont care and dont pay attention during training, whether it be online training or live training.

I don't mean to bring up the should've scenario, but maybe just have the in store reps do things for you if you have the time. GOOD LUCK!

I would have but I wanted to be able to have her up and running when I gave her the phone. Didn't think there would be a problem but should have known better.

Google_Superuser

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

I had some really bad luck when I had my N4. SMS and eventually data stopped working. I had to call support every time for them to update the imei and make messaging work, but when data stopped they told me it they would "look into it" in a week.

Unfortunately I am stuck with ATT because Verizon phone choices at limited and T-Mobile lacks the coverage.

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site

Sorry to here about the troubles. I just went through a new phone purchase/number transfer and couldn't be more impressed with the service I had. I was kinda surprised at how well things went.

bolm86

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Well they finally got back to me today although I did miss a call from them yesterday and they were able to help me out a bit. If you ever have problems I suggest tweeting to @ATTCustomerCare. I got a phone call back within a day and had a nice CS rep named David take care of me. They gave me a $75 credit for all of the hassle although between everything this situation took me about 3 hours to get resolved. From now on that's the first place I'll go with any problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Most corps cannot have bad Social Media presence, twitter is a very powerful tool for consumers

F123D

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

9 out of 10 times I get excellent service. I'll occasionally get that one person who just hates their job and doesn't give a ****. I end up hanging up on them and call back and the next person will usually offer some sort of credit for the inconvenience.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I've been with AT&T for almost 1 year now (switched over from Sprint), and I haven't had any issues with their customer service. In fact, the two local stores I've visited and a few online chats with AT&T has (so far) been very helpful. They helped me setup my new account and two phones and iPad with very little difficulty, and they allowed me to trade in 5 old smartphones for a $500 credit on my account. But, you never know... the next time I contact them about an issue they might not be so nice! For now, everything is good for me.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I got a Samsung galaxy s2 Skyrocket in March 2012 with mobile insurance and around June of 2012 the Micro usb port was damaged and didn't allow charging and I had to go a center (forgot the name of those centers) and had to get it fixed on warranty and not insurance. About a month later I get a charge for $200 for mobile insurance claim for the phone and that they delivered it somebody with my name ....But in Queens ( I live in Brooklyn) and to me looked like a scam done by the Reps in the store. AT&T reversed these charges and while other incidents have been solved by great customer service by them ... I

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante