Nano Sim Question

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Are nano sim cards device specific? Reason I ask is I want to purchase 2 nano sim cards for the 2 M8's I plan to purchase. The nano sim cards I want to purchase (cheap) state they are for the iPhone 5. I'm hoping the reason the description lists the iPhone 5 is up until now it was the only device requiring a nano sim? Thanks.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Are nano sim cards device specific? Reason I ask is I want to purchase 2 nano sim cards for the 2 M8's I plan to purchase. The nano sim cards I want to purchase (cheap) state they are for the iPhone 5. I'm hoping the reason the description lists the iPhone 5 is up until now it was the only device requiring a nano sim? Thanks.

You are correct. They will work with the M8

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They can be moved to any compatible device including smartphones and tablets

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

binaryhermit

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
But devices usually come with SIMs of the appropriate size.
You'd have to go online to activate them, though.
And as far as I can tell, you can just swap SIMs between devices. I've done this, and Verizon even knew that I'd switched devices.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I think the reason it says "for iPhone" is because the iPhone was the only one using nano sim until the Moto X arrived. Now with the M8 they have 3 devices using them.

Posted via Android Central App

mbkintner

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the reason it says "for iPhone" is because the iPhone was the only one using nano sim until the Moto X arrived. Now with the M8 they have 3 devices using them.

Posted via Android Central App

Drop Ultra, Droid Mini, and Droid Maxx also use a nano sim. I'm not sure if there are others.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish