T-Mobile International Travelers are using 28 times more data than before.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there any data as to actual usage? As in now many calls, texts, and data was used?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there any data as to actual usage? As in now many calls, texts, and data was used?

Sadly no. I checked around the newsroom on T-Mobile and didn't see that data :(.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sadly no. I checked around the newsroom on T-Mobile and didn't see that data :(.

I am guessing before very little international data was used. So saying a 28 time increase is a lot relatively but the amount still might be pretty low. Because if the number was high then I would think that tmobile would advertise it

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am guessing before very little international data was used. So saying a 28 time increase is a lot relatively but the amount still might be pretty low. Because if the number was high then I would think that tmobile would advertise it

Agreed. :).

Rirruto

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Being able to use my phone like normal this weekend in Toronto was pretty great. Yes, it was definitely slower but it was very usable. I got my Gmail and corporate email instantly, sent/received plenty of text and picture messages as well as WhatsApp, posted pics to Instagram and used Google Nav quite a bit. Glad T-Mo introduced this great feature.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I am glad they offer it because one of the big sticking points whenever I visited friends in Canada was mobile data and roaming not to mention texting/calling to meet up costing extra money. Being able to use maps when out of range of hotel wifi would be nice too, even at a snails pace connection.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I doubt much data was used at $15/MB which seems to be the standard for countries outside of the Simple Choice plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34