is Anyone's My Account App Messed Up?

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Can only connect to Account Info about 10% of the time. Rest of the time I get, "Sorry No Network Connection". Info in Notifications Center only updates every few days. Anyone else?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been wonky. I've been using the site instead. Are you trying to check your data usage via that app?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I found the app to be slow in the first place--the mobile site is just about as fast, perhaps faster. The only other feature of the app is the Phone Health section, which I don't think is very useful. So I uninstalled it from my Nexus 5. Of course, if you have a T-Mobile branded phone, the app is probably bloatware and can't be uninstalled ...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I used the widget for data as well and it works. It's a slight work around for the time being. I hope they would fix the app.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Neither the widget nor the notifcation bar update when the app is acting wonky. If I am unable to get into Account Info on the app ("Sorry No Network Connection"), neither of those two items update. My data use is still as of Friday 2pm. The widget and the notification bar cannot update because, like me using the app, they cannot seem to access my use data.

I know I can use the mobile site. I'm just asking if anyone else is having this issue.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
The issue seems to be when I'm on WiFi. When not on the WiFi and relying solely on the T-Mobile network for data, the Account Info comes in eventually. On WiFi, it won't. This seems like a recent change that you need to be on their network. Even on WiFi, I'm always still on their network, but I know data is going through WiFi instead.

New problem is that useage info has disappeared from Notification Bar. Anyone else?

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I mean I don't think that the connection issues in the app and its being listed as incompatible with certain devices on the Play Store are related.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
And before you ask why I would think to bring that up in the first place, it's because I got the two threads currently at the top of this subforum- both of which are about the same app- confused. But, the point still stands, non-sequitur that it may be. :p

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
And before you ask why I would think to bring that up in the first place, it's because I got the two threads currently at the top of this subforum- both of which are about the same app- confused. But, the point still stands, non-sequitur that it may be. :p

It makes some sense. The annoying thing is that when the app just showed account info, it worked fine. I think it was adding all the other crap which messed it up.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The app could definitely use some work, but the current technical difficulties smell more like server issues than app issues to me. First, their beginning wasn't associated with an app update. Second, the app seems to be trying to get the requested information, it's just returning inconsistent data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci