Can't believe they throttled me.

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've got grandfathered unlimited with an LTE phone. I average about 4 gigs a month. ATT throttled me this afternoon. I'm at 5157 MB and tomorrow night is the end of my billing period. I'm not in a congested area, I'm in BFE. The nearest LTE tower is an hour away. I'm only 3% over. Very lame AT&T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've got grandfathered unlimited with an LTE phone. I average about 4 gigs a month. ATT throttled me this afternoon. I'm at 5157 MB and tomorrow night is the end of my billing period. I'm not in a congested area, I'm in BFE. The nearest LTE tower is an hour away. I'm only 3% over. Very lame AT&T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Att throttles regardless of tower load. I have used a thousand times that on Verizon and never throttled.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Att throttles regardless of tower load. I have used a thousand times that on Verizon and never throttled.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

First of all I doubt you've used 5000 gig in 1 month. Second all I'm saying is I've used more than 5 gig before and never been throttled till today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
First of all I doubt you've used 5000 gig in 1 month. Second all I'm saying is I've used more than 5 gig before and never been throttled till today.

First of all. He has. Second of all it's known that AT&T throttles after 5gb (maybe not in all instances) but that doesn't mean they can't or it's not their policy that is known for some time
Now to throttle those users.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

ujypyrev.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
First of all. He has. Second of all it's known that AT&T throttles after 5gb (maybe not in all instances) but that doesn't mean they can't or it's not their policy that is known for some time
Now to throttle those users.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realize its known, its just that its never happened before and its not like im pushing 10gigs or something abive average like that. I just thought it was odd that they've never done it in the past and I was only 0.157GB over. Im not mad just surprised.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I realize its known, its just that its never happened before and its not like im pushing 10gigs or something abive average like that. I just thought it was odd that they've never done it in the past and I was only 0.157GB over. Im not mad just surprised.

I wouldn't take it as a personal attack. The system is set to throttle unlimited plans at 5 GB... You hit it... It throttled. Someone didn't go into the system and single you out.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't take it as a personal attack. The system is set to throttle unlimited plans at GB... You hit it... It throttled. Someone didn't go into the system and single you out.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Yupml.Once you go over 5gb,you are throttled, even 5.001gb.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

gdhampton7

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Found a way to get out of throttle with unlimited data... But not sure if I should post it here and get banned

Posted via Galaxy Note 4

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I was told at training the other day (for mobile associates) that Sprint is the only carrier that doesn't throttle....anyone weigh in?

Boom! From My S5

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was told at training the other day (for mobile associates) that Sprint is the only carrier that doesn't throttle....anyone weigh in?

Boom! From My S5

T-Mobile doesn't on their fully unlimited data plan (the $80 one).

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Idk how to on this app... Android central

Posted via Galaxy Note 4

That's a good point. It would be nice to be able to PM from the app. Currently, I believe it's only possible from the Web.

By the way, I would also like to know how to get around the throttle.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Found a way to get out of throttle with unlimited data... But not sure if I should post it here and get banned

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
PM me the method first. I will let you know if it is OK to post or not.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech