Has anyone tried changing their APN to IPv6.....

vWvSTATICvWv

May 19, 2010
Visit site
And what are your results? Does your data and connections seem faster? I created a new APN profile to test it out and maybe it's just a placebo but I've noticed that during speed tests, either through Ookla or Sensorly, my results are anywhere between 2mbps to 6mbps faster than on IPv4. I'm using an M8 which is supposed to be IPv6 by default but mine was IPv4. I have LTE in my neighborhood but when I'm in my building, I only get HSPA. So in my case, this change was actually for the better. Anyone else try this?

Here's a list of devices that can use IPv6 and how to do it - https://sites.google.com/site/tmoipv6/lg-mytouch

vWvSTATICvWv

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 4 has it enabled by default, but I've never noticed a difference.
Have you ever tried switching to IPv4? Supposedly this is the "future" of internet protocol as IPv4 becomes more & more congested. I've read certain people have connection & data issues using IPv6 though, but switching to IPv4 fixes them. For me, it has been the opposite the last few hours but I'll have more of a test run tomorrow while at work 20min away from me, where I have excellent LTE.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
IPv6 is about volume, not performance. The idea is that all our trillions of devices can have unique addresses. I don't think it claims to give a speed boost. The only weirdness is that the two aren't interoperable, so there are compatibility problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol