Sprint sucks. Losing 900K customers is not a good business model.

ChristopherH1

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Spri...00-subscribers-for-the-second-quarter_id58646

I can say I'm not missing anything from Sprint's crap service, the roaming agreements with Verizon are the only reason to use Sprint at this point from a coverage stand point & there native coverage and there "unlimited" data (per se)
I bet those 900,000 customers are now with T-Mobile.

Now where I live I average 25-40Mb/s during the day, upwards of 50+ at night on T-Mobile. I never saw those speeds when I was with Sprint postpaid and prepaid, I got 1-2Mb/s downloads if I was lucky.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile via Android Central App

Last edited:

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: I bet those 900,000 customers are now with T-Mobile

Not even a question in my area, T-Mobile's HSPA+ versus Sprint's EVDO, no WiMax, no LTE. Oh, and no bars inside my place.

ChristopherH1

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Had someone respond and tell me: And yet Sprint wants to buy T-Mobile? Makes perfect sense, right? :) then I replied: Makes perfect sense.. Sprint doesnt have the funds but Softbank does, because its bleeding customers ever day by the loads. Why not try to buy out your competitor when its getting all your customers.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a merger more than a purchase.
Neither can compete with the big 2 alone.
BTW, no problemo with Sprint here in the ATL:
eba5y7uq.jpg

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Sprint expected to report a loss of 900,000 subscribers for the second quarter

I can say I'm not missing anything from Sprint's crap service, the roaming agreements with Verizon are the only reason to use Sprint at this point from a coverage stand point & there native coverage and there "unlimited" data (per se)
I bet those 900,000 customers are now with T-Mobile.

Now where I live I average 25-40Mb/s during the day, upwards of 50+ at night on T-Mobile. I never saw those speeds when I was with Sprint postpaid and prepaid, I got 1-2Mb/s downloads if I was lucky.

Wow thanks thanks for the douchey yet insightful post! How do you know they're all going to T-Mo?

Yes Sprint still has it's issues but it all depends where you live. T-Mo is good here in Chicago but it suffers from the same thing as Sprint, bad building penetration and dead zones once you get out of the metro area.

I think the rationale behind Softbank buying T-Mobile is that a bigger, better and larger company will have the power to compete against AT&T and Verizon and make them both re-think their pricing strategies.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

CFR0628

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

T-Mobile ***** slapped Sprint in showing them how a proper lte rollout is done.

Posted via Android Central App

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Look at their plans.

They used to be competetively priced 2-3 years ago with 1500 unlimited (best plan ever). But then they went downhill.

Now they're just as pricey as ATT/Verizon but without the network

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I think the rationale behind Softbank buying T-Mobile is that a bigger, better and larger company will have the power to compete against AT&T and Verizon and make them both re-think their pricing strategies.

Corrected your spelling there Personally I think Softbank got caught with their spectrum licenses down. They figured BRS would be a good idea since they had experience with it and it worked so well in Japan, not realizing that USA = not dense and it would be terribly expensive to implement. They want T-Mobile's spectrum: the extra PCS spectrum will let a combined company do a LOT, while still keeping legacy CDMA and GSM going. In the meantime, Sprint will get AWS spectrum, of which they have none, and which is more viable than BRS spectrum, which, along with T-Mobile's 700 Mhz A-block, will probably be unloaded on some unsuspecting regional carriers. ;)

T-Mobile's WiFi calling is also more advanced than Sprint's, and available in more devices in general, which helps a lot with the building penetration issue. Softbank probably wants that too.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Also, Deutche Telekom wants to shed its' US division. They are a motivated seller.

It will all work out in the end. It will go through, IMHO.

Mav. :cool:

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Or at other carriers. Sprint Sucks in a lot of areas, but in others they are great. Unfortunately their stores don't even have coverage here. Which both sad and funny.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Or at other carriers. Sprint Sucks in a lot of areas, but in others they are great. Unfortunately their stores don't even have coverage here. Which both sad and funny.

The stores don't? :what:. How would they be able to sell anything?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
They have to walk outside to activate everything. Because there is no service inside.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow.. That sucks.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Not surprised, the stores here don't have very good signal either. Surprisingly, they've got a lot of stores in the area, maybe they thought dealerships were more important than 4G service (of which there is none, not even according to their generous maps).

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
They have to walk outside to activate everything. Because there is no service inside.

I had the opposite experience. As soon as you walk outside you lose signal.

I felt like they cheated and used "mini-towers" inside their stores.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Sprint's first quarter 2014 results show they finally turned a profit | CrackBerry.com

The main issue Sprint was experiencing was losing customers, which totalled 383,000 last quarter. This has been reduced to 220,000 and while it's still a sizeable figure, the amount of customers switching is at least dropping.

The network also added a total of 503,000 wholesale and affiliate customers during this quarter, serving over 53 million subscribers at the end of fiscal Q1 2014.

Last edited: