09-14-2014 01:18 AM
    Thanks for posting this link. I sit here a quarter mile from a Sprint tower and get point 5 mbps for my $80 per month. And they wonder why they are losing suscribers. And now they are pulling back from what Softbank initially said they would do to make Sprint the premier provider. I really wonder if Sprint will Survive.
    09-14-2014 09:04 AM
    "Their strategy, in a nutshell, is to scale back their 2.5 GHz deployment to just three to five cities, providing what they describe as a 'Tokyo-like' experience in those markets," Craig Moffett, analyst at MoffettNathanson, told IBD. "In the rest of the country, they plan to be positioned as 'best value.' That marks a rather radical departure from Sprint's and SoftBank's previously stated strategy of building the 'best network' on a broad scale."

In other words, outside those 3 to 5 cities, the network is as good as it's going to get.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-14-2014 10:50 AM
    Are they serious???
    09-14-2014 06:51 PM
    "Their strategy, in a nutshell, is to scale back their 2.5 GHz deployment to just three to five cities, providing what they describe as a 'Tokyo-like' experience in those markets," Craig Moffett, analyst at MoffettNathanson, told IBD. "In the rest of the country, they plan to be positioned as 'best value.' That marks a rather radical departure from Sprint's and SoftBank's previously stated strategy of building the 'best network' on a broad scale."

In other words, outside those 3 to 5 cities, the network is as good as it's going to get.

Posted via Android Central App
    Someone at s4gru pointed out that this was written from the same info Blomberg got.

I can't post a link because of my post count but if you google "sprint planning denser spark coverage in 3 to 5 cities by 2016" it will come up.

Of note are the ceos comments that they are still going to arrive at the same place, just in a different way. That suggests prioritizing these cities first not limiting to just them. The original plan was to deploy everywhere with no prioritization, which is less than a brilliant strategy.
    09-15-2014 10:08 AM
    And that is why Sprint will continue to bleed customers left and right.
    09-17-2014 04:16 PM
    Another article explaining that investors.com (and likely others) jumped to erroneous conclusions.

Search for jeff kagan confusion on sprint 25 direction
    09-17-2014 05:43 PM
    Failed with LTE now on to chapter 2 I guess? I like their prices but their speeds and coverage is where they need A LOT of work. Lets hope they shape up soon.
    09-18-2014 07:39 AM
    This is the problem with Sprint. You cannot continue to advertise unlimited data plans when a good chunk of your network is still running a T1 connection. Obviously, your backhaul is going to get saturated and overwhelmed.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    09-20-2014 12:57 PM
    This is the problem with Sprint. You cannot continue to advertise unlimited data plans when a good chunk of your network is still running a T1 connection. Obviously, your backhaul is going to get saturated and overwhelmed.
    In some areas its even worse! VT being one place.
    09-21-2014 05:19 AM
    Sprint is Terrible! I left them for Verizon! Even after Network Vision and LTE Upgrades... Service Sucked! I am happy to pay extra money... With 2 Bars of signal, this is the Minimum i get on a northside, mostly residential area
    Sprint to Improve 4G in Select Cities-screenshot_2014-09-23-10-44-25.jpg
    cgardnervt likes this.
    09-23-2014 12:45 PM