OMG. Sprint is the worst!

droidfool

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I decided to get the Optimus S and switch from Verizon to Sprint thanks to all the good advice I've gotten here from all you nice folks. I put in the order online yesterday. Starting at 8:15 this morning when they first called, I have been on the phone the entire day. First straightening out credit, then the order being stuck in queue, etc. Every time I was told everything was handled, someone called with another problem who had no idea what the previous person had said.
Without going into the excruciating details, after spending the entire day trying to get this simple process resolved, I was just told that the account application information is incomplete and the order has to be canceled and put in again. I have no doubt this will result in wasting another day.

I had heard that Sprints Customer service was aggravating, frustrating and incompetent and thats exactly what it is. I had also heard that the people you speak to when you call Sprint are all in India and cannot be understood and that is true as well.

It is beyond comprehension, that after spending all the money they do on advertising and trying to get customers from another carrier to switch to Sprint and achieving that, they then lose the customer back to their original carrier because of their amazing incompetence,

American companies doing business like this is exactly why America's best days are behind us!!!

Looks like Verizon gets to keep me. Droid X here I come.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had heard that Sprints Customer service was aggravating, frustrating and incompetent and thats exactly what it is. I had also heard that the people you speak to when you call Sprint are all in India and cannot be understood and that is true as well.

It is beyond comprehension, that after spending all the money they do on advertising and trying to get customers from another carrier to switch to Sprint and achieving that, they then lose the customer back to their original carrier because of their amazing incompetence,

American companies doing business like this is exactly why America's best days are behind us!!!

Unforunatly this is the way almost all of the nations biggest companies do their buisness, you will be lucky when you call in for tech support or customer service to get someone in america that knows what they are doing rather then reading out of a computers for dummies book

Reactions: droidfool

rawvega

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had also heard that the people you speak to when you call Sprint are all in India and cannot be understood and that is true as well.

No, that is absolutely not true. I've had Sprint for 11 1/2 years and have NEVER spoken to anyone in India, always somebody here in the US. /shrug

geneva54

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
No, that is absolutely not true. I've had Sprint for 11 1/2 years and have NEVER spoken to anyone in India, always somebody here in the US. /shrug

I agree..........never had a problem with Sprint or Customer Service. Reception is excellent too.

If you call out of regular business hours maybe you get someone from India.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
i have not had a problem with customer service and sprint...

tmobile has the best customer support ive ever dealt with during my life time...

i mean even if it amounts to them losing money by backdating plans or backdating minuets or services, they would do it..

i had went over my mins by 500, and they went ahead and backdated a plan upgrade for the month before, and it wiped out the extra costs i incurred during that time, i also went over my texts one month by 600 and they did the same thing another time.

the most recent thing was last week, i got sprint now and a good discount through my employer, im under contract with tmobile until july of next year. i called them and told them that i would like to know if there was something i could do.

the lady looked up and figured out that my out of contract cost right now is still 200 (ouch lol ), they can put the phone into a thing called a voluntary suspend for 3 months at a cost of 10 bucks a month only, and that cant do the suspend for longer then that... she went ahead and found out that in january my OOC cost would be 50 dollars, so she got approval to extend the suspend until that date and has it set up to autosuspend that line at that date when the seasonal suspend is over with...

i have to say, one thing im going to miss is tmobiles customer service... its the top dog.

c0c0nutsp0rt

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Ive been with Sprint about 5 years now and have never had a problem with customer service whether on the phone or in person. I've called customer service a few times and they have always solved my problem with in a few minutes. I had problems with a few of my cell phones and were replaced for free at my local Sprint store. I think I have had my Touch pro replaced 4 times. Treo a couple times. Hopefully I never have to take my Epic in.
Overall I am very satisfied.
I hope I won't experience these horrible Sprint stories I hear of every now and then.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I have never had problems with there customer service. I've been disappointed with some of the answers I received. I wanted to get my wife to be a premiere customer but have always been told she can't and needed to wait till next year. I was upset but I did receive good service.
Now for some reason she doesn't have to wait so she will be getting her new phone soon. I have been with sprint since 1996 and dont plan on leaving.

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
the trick is to not call the general number before 9am and after 6pm ET.

sprint store is better anyways because its hands on

and i dont have any indian people, but also because i have employee referall plans, everything is employee accounts which is in denver

just go to the sprint store... its just way better then CS anyways. besides, once you have sprint... youll probably use CS like once a year or 2

Mercule

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been with Sprint since the mid 1990s. Never had an issue. In fact, they've bent quite a bit to make sure I was satisfied, even without me threatening to leave or anything like that.

Honestly, Sprint has treated me well enough that I won't switch carriers.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been with Sprint since the mid 1990s. Never had an issue. In fact, they've bent quite a bit to make sure I was satisfied, even without me threatening to leave or anything like that.

That has been pretty much my experience, been a customer of theirs since 1998. Had a couple billing issues that they were able to correct.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Actually this post sounds like bull****.

I'm a recent sprint subscriber and I've called a few times for various things - nothing negative; mainly to get fees waived.
Every time I call its been someone I can hear and understand. And they always record the call to better customer service etc.

My best guess is that you are going through some online phone company and not sprint themselves.

If you are going through sprint why don't you just go to the store.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had Sprint since 2000. I did have one problem back in approximately 2004 where I had to get ugly to resolve it, but did get it resolved satisfactorily. Otherwise service has been satisfactory, though not stellar, and the price and plans have been excellent.

aeiou

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
My experience is much the same as many here. I have been with sprint for 7 years now and I have had no real issues with their customer service. Some reception problems, yes, but CS has always been with someone I can understand and they always try to resolve the issue the best they can, although sometimes there is nothing they can do.

The only time I've had a real problem was not sprint's fault at all, but Wirefly's. Without going into a long story, I was trying to add lines to our family plan through wirefly and their CS was just one nightmare after another. They are very tempting to go through because of great prices on the phones, but if there's any problem in the order at all, CS is very difficult. Not Sprint's problem at all, though.

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Me too.

ThomasT626

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Switched to Sprint from Verizon for the first time when the Epic 4G came out. In-store customer experience was great. Also had a pleasant experience dealing with them on the phone for my phone activation and number transfer. Both times got well spoken and friendly Americans. You can tell they're definitely trying to do their best in the customer service department, in my experience anyway.

heymista

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I find that their CS has improved a lot over the past 5 years. It was very frustrating after the Nextel merger, but it's been great over the past few years. I notice that Sprint monitors their CS with surveys, and apparently Sprint employees are aware they are getting evaluated. It seems to be working and motivating the representatives.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Ive had sprint since 1998, never once have i spoken to someone outside of the US. Sprint associates have also been REALLY great. I suggest maybe just going into a nearby sprint store.

And no, i didnt get paid to say this. I'm just a really satisfied customer.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been a Sprint customer for a bit over two years, so not as much as some others in this thread. I've never had any issues with them. My first phone with them (my Centro) was quick and easy to get going - in fact I walked out of the store with it ready to go and had trouble not playing with it. A few months later I broke the screen on it, found a new one on eBay, bought it, activated it online (without talking to a human) and it was ready pretty much instantly (and thanks to backups I had it set up the same as my old phone within 15 minutes). They've been more than willing to waive charges on extras and explain things to me, even up to finding a discount I was eligible for since I was in a financial bind and couldn't afford the bill that month. I had my data service stop working and the rep was more than willing to give me the unlock codes that gave me full access over my Centro so that I could manually reset the data connection, and haven't had an issue since.

When they announced the free droid - and it was one of the ones that they didn't load down with bloatware - I was very, very happy. Same story with getting the new phone as with my last two - I get it and go within a few minutes. The most time consuming part was trying to decide which screen protector to buy :p

Right now they'd have to do something really, really bad for me to want to switch away from them. Even if their prices are a bit higher than others, and even if they end up not having the phone I want, I've learned that they're reliable and do actually listen to their customers; and though they might be behind on phones a bit they do eventually get the latest and greatest for awesome low prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac