FINALLY my Sprint contract is rolling up for a renew on my phone and I can get rid of the incredibly horrible devil possessed Galaxy Nexus. From the get go this phone reboots during phone calls without fail (it's supposed to be a PHONE, for crying out loud) and cannot flip from 3G to 4G - I'll have full bars of tower power but "no connection" until I reboot (and of course neither Sprint nor Samsung care or have a fix for any of these issues). I truly hate this phone. Anyway, I need a phone without all the problems. My daughter's S III and my husband's Note 2 work well, but I'm seeing scary things online about KitKat updates screwing those up as well. I must have a STABLE PHONE that can connect to the network properly.

I don't want to have expensive and frustrating regrets again. I've considered bailing to an iPhone, but really don't want to. I've also considered bailing from Sprint, but the Samsung issues seem to be across the networks.

I need help choosing a stable, reliable smartphone that Sprint's weird network can support.
    Any intelligent detailed advice would be greatly appreciated!
    09-24-2014 11:33 AM
    Well I just jumped ship from Sprint after 10 years to Verizon. No Sprint LTE here, Verizon has XLTE everywhere around here. Got a Galaxy S5, I'm very happy with it. Great phone!
    09-24-2014 11:49 AM
    Frankly, Sprints networks are so volatile, I have doubts that you will find a reliable phone under their contract.

Unless Sprint is offering you something that another network isn't, I'd recommend jumping ship.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    09-24-2014 12:08 PM
    Sprint has had some problems but no need to bash.

I have and recommend the LG G3.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Mav.

Sent from the future on my Sprint Tri-Band LG G3.
    09-24-2014 12:12 PM
    I live in a rural area with smaller cities10 miles east and west and larger cities 45 miles east and west. So we really don't have too many connectivity problems on Sprint, but due to our geography, there is a lot of switching among LTE, 4G, and 3G, depending where I am or where I'm travelling. My Sprint Wifi aircard (yes, we're in no man's land) gets LTE okay, depending on where I am in the house, a phone will get 4G some and 3G always. Travelling to town, there's going to be plenty of 4G / 3G switching back and forth. So my need is for a Sprint phone (CDMI and/or Spark) that can do that regularly and well. I've done tons of reading about how the newer phones can't do that on Sprint, how they aren't supporting Spark etc, so had thought I'd need an older model, but the older models (at least with Samsung) are not functioning well anymore due to the forced upgrades. So, really, my argument is not with Sprint per se, just finding a good phone compatible with their odd network structure. I hope that makes sense - it all really leaves my head spinning. And phone that can actually be used as a phone! Unlike the evil Nexus. No reboot problems, please. I hope this clarifies my situation.
    09-24-2014 01:27 PM
    Also, Sprint now has a 30 day "testdrive" on new devices.
    You can try one for that 30 days and see how it works for your particular situation.
    Good luck.

Mav.
    09-24-2014 01:37 PM
    Mav.
    Thanks, Mav. Are there any cons you can share? Does it behave well as a phone, ie. no rebooting during calls? Are there a bunch of junk apps? I wonder if part of the problem with the horrid Nexus is all the Google junk on it that can't be removed.
    09-24-2014 01:42 PM
    Thanks, Mav. Are there any cons you can share? Does it behave well as a phone, ie. no rebooting during calls? Are there a bunch of junk apps? I wonder if part of the problem with the horrid Nexus is all the Google junk on it that can't be removed.
    No rebooting problems. Screen is great. Not very much bloat or junk apps from Sprint. Since the G3 has 32 GB of internal storage, whatever cannot be removed or disabled does not take up much room and can pretty much be ignored.
    I have a bunch of apps, pics, videos, etc and still have not used up half of of the available storage.

Go by your local Sprint store and put your hands on some of the devices to see what you like.

Mav.
    09-24-2014 01:58 PM
    Galaxy S5 supports 3G, 4G-LTE, and Spark
    09-24-2014 02:46 PM
    Sprint has had some problems but no need to bash.

Mav.

Has had?

They still do.
    09-25-2014 05:26 PM
    But they're feeling much better now...

Mav.

09-25-2014 06:18 PM
    z3s are nice and the G3 looks like a serious offering. I don't recommend HTC or Samsung in my opinion though.
    09-25-2014 10:48 PM
    Im a sprint sero P user and I want to upgrade to a spark compatible phone, I currently have a htc one in black. I live in Miami so I want to see how the extra band will benefit my signal and data. Overall the data isn't good at all I max out at around 2mbs in some areas, some areas I don't get 4g period. Also, I usually have 1 bar of signal but I think that's the phone.

I don't want to spend 200 for a phone really so I'm considering the htc one m8/e8 or the s5. I think the g3 might be a tad too big to hold cormfortably.

I was wondering if I could test drive a spark compatible phone for a few weeks then hand it back, I don't see anything that really intices me right now, I was wondering if I should wait on the new years s6 and m9 models instead.

If I buy now, I have no idea what I'd get, honestly I like the 5s due to the size but no spark.
    09-27-2014 09:24 PM
    You can test drive the network but you'll have to contact sprint and ask about it I think or try in store! And the galaxy s5 is sprint spark compatible!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    jacker likes this.
    09-28-2014 01:44 AM
    Thank will do
    09-28-2014 11:51 AM
    Thanks, Mav! I took your advice and got the LG G3 and I LOVE IT!!! No problems whatsoever. It is an awesome phone and does everything I want it to. And it doesn't reboot during phone calls. It doesn't reboot at all. It also handles the Sprint network easily. Happy, happy. I got a great deal through Best Buy too... half off. The sales guy said I was getting the very best of the new phones. I agree.
    VW Maverick likes this.
    09-29-2014 01:49 PM
    Best buy gives good deals. But on Amazon you could have gotten the phone (on contract) for only a penny. That's $53.01 total. For the LG G3 and galaxy S5. Only downfall doing it that way. Is you get hit with Sprints $36 upgrade/activation fee. I won An HTC E8 from Sprints giveaway. But most likely my Girlfriend will end up with it. I was looking for reviews on it. Not many available yet. Since it was barely released here as of three days ago. I had the phone a week. Still in the box. Anyway. This post helped me decide my next phone too. I wanted an S5 so bad. Since I'm coming from a sg3. Mostly because of the water and dust resistance. But I've played with the LG G3. And I got to say. That's a really nice phone. Was gonna trade in the htc I won. But they only said they'd give me $50 for it. Seriously. Brand new put the box. Not even opened. They sell it flat out for $500. And all they offer me was $50. I almost quit service with them, based on that alone. But who am I to complain. Free $500 phone. No contract. Mine is up on the 30th of this month.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-11-2014 07:01 AM