Verizon and Pre ordered Note 4 $200 rebate program

MichaelJames9999

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to make sure I did this right.

So back in September I preordered the Note 4.
I am not sure if it asked if I had a trade in or not?
I do have a Samsung SCH-i515 from 3 years ago I plan on trading in but did not want to trade it in until the Note 4 arrived.
So once I get the Note 4, do I just take in the old smartphone into the local Verizon store, they take it once I transfer everything off of it and they give me a receipt to mail in to Samsung?

Also, I got charged a $30 upgrade fee but I was way overdue for a free upgrade since my phone is 3 years old. Does that sound right?
It also said on check out: Due today $353.09. Monthly $45.18. Does that sound right? Since I am replacing my existing smartphone with another smartphone, are they charging me an additional $45.18 per month for this phone?! I paid 100% of the $45.18 upfront. Or are they saying that I either pay the $353.09 at once, or I can do installment payments?

Any help is greatly appreciated

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade fee is accessed on subsidized phones. You can go unsubsidized if you don't want to pay it.

The monthly fee is the monthly service that you are paying. It might not match up exactly with what you are paying though. It shouldn't change what you are paying per month, provided that you didn't make any changes in the checkout process.

Can you post a screen shot?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds right to me. They added an upgrade fee several years ago.

The $353.09 is the cost of the phone.

The $45.18 is the cost for the Line. Are you on a family plan. It would be $9.99 for the Line access, $29.99 for the data and the rest is the taxes and fees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22