04-03-2015 09:15 AM
35 12
tools
    Big Red and I have not been getting along lately. Seems to be getting worse lately more than ever. I was thinking of switching to Sprint not only from the standpoint of saving money but also to avoid their incompetence.

Were you able to save money when you went with Sprint?

What has been your experience with Sprint coming from Verizon?
    10-23-2014 08:57 AM
    You may save money with Sprint but it really depends on area with them due to them building out their network and ripping out the old stuff to replace it. I'd check places like root metrics for information about Sprint in your area.
    tech_fan likes this.
    10-23-2014 09:19 AM
    Well I've decided to leave sprint after buying the note 4, only to realize that with sprint's new "spark" network you can't talk and surf(use data) at the same time. So that means you can't use apps like instagram, Facebook, or even use the gps during a call. I think that's ridiculous, especially on a "flagship phone" I had no problems whatsoever doing this on my samsung galaxy s4. So after 13yrs with sprint i'll be leaving them tomorrow.
    tech_fan likes this.
    10-24-2014 05:33 AM
    Well I've decided to leave sprint after buying the note 4, only to realize that with sprint's new "spark" network you can't talk and surf(use data) at the same time. So that means you can't use apps like instagram, Facebook, or even use the gps during a call. I think that's ridiculous, especially on a "flagship phone" I had no problems whatsoever doing this on my samsung galaxy s4. So after 13yrs with sprint i'll be leaving them tomorrow.
    Yea, Sprint won't have SVLTE until VoLTE..... the only Downside to Spark. However not a big loss for me, I rarely even talk on the phone anymore. and when I do use Voice and Data simultaneously, I'm almost always somewhere with WIFI like the office or home.
    10-24-2014 12:19 PM
    I am also considering leaving Verizon for Sprint. I am not concerned with the voice/data use, but more interested in the cost savings and unlimited data. Can anyone tell me about reception? What about international coverage? Verizon has very good coverage in the states, but spotty overseas.
    10-27-2014 09:59 AM
    I am also considering leaving Verizon for Sprint. I am not concerned with the voice/data use, but more interested in the cost savings and unlimited data. Can anyone tell me about reception? What about international coverage? Verizon has very good coverage in the states, but spotty overseas.
    It really depends on where you are. To really find out your best bet is to use the trial period, it really is location specific.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-27-2014 06:06 PM
    When my contract with Sprint was up I actually going to jump to Verizon. Although after doing my homework I decide that for me at least, unlimited data was far too much of a luxury to give up. Not that I use a ton of data, but not having to worry about how much I was using is nice. Also the cost savings are nice as well, I'm saving around $25 a month using Sprint instead of Verizon.

One of the positives Verizon has over Sprint for me is building penetration. I still struggle getting a signal while in a Mall, or in a condensed urban area with a lot of tall buildings (downtown Chicago for example where I am at). But like others have said make sure you do your homework and make sure your area has strong Sprint coverage before making the jump
    11-01-2014 09:52 AM
    No spark phone can talk and surf at the same time, just a limitation of the hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 5 running Android 5.0 Lollipop
    11-13-2014 12:05 AM
    No spark phone can talk and surf at the same time, just a limitation of the hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 5 running Android 5.0 Lollipop
    Mainly a hardware issue due to them causing the hardware issue knowing they don't have VoLTE to support it yet.
    11-14-2014 11:14 AM
    What buffdaddy said.
    11-14-2014 01:01 PM
    When my contract with Sprint was up I actually going to jump to Verizon. Although after doing my homework I decide that for me at least, unlimited data was far too much of a luxury to give up. Not that I use a ton of data, but not having to worry about how much I was using is nice. Also the cost savings are nice as well, I'm saving around $25 a month using Sprint instead of Verizon.

One of the positives Verizon has over Sprint for me is building penetration. I still struggle getting a signal while in a Mall, or in a condensed urban area with a lot of tall buildings (downtown Chicago for example where I am at). But like others have said make sure you do your homework and make sure your area has strong Sprint coverage before making the jump
    I'm in Chicago too and imo Sprint is good inside most buildings. My girls Boost Mobile has service underground.

Sent from my Z730 using Tapatalk
    01-24-2015 03:16 PM
    I also know someone who is looking into switching from Verizon to Sprint or T Mobile. Doing research trying to decide which one to go with.

02-23-2015 08:58 AM
    Leaving verizon to go to sprint.....that's a suicide move. Any company is better than the junk 3g cdma network that sprint operates . Even verizon is starting the transition to gsm this year, cdma is old and outdated...They have been promising network upgrades for more than 2 years, have yet to see them. That's why I left sprint in December along with my wife. We got tmobile, difference between night and day. Tmobile has great coverage in oregon and when we drove to so cali and AZ, coverage was great as well

Anybody that wants an informed opinion about the current status of the Sprint network should join the forum s4gru.com where you will find tower by tower status of their upgrades. The Sprint network is nothing like it was even a year ago and comments like these are just ignorant.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-06-2015 09:54 AM
    Anybody that wants an informed opinion about the current status of the Sprint network should join the forum s4gru.com where you will find tower by tower status of their upgrades. The Sprint network is nothing like it was even a year ago and comments like these are just ignorant.
    I could get not liking how he said it but .. If someone says bad things about the network it doesn't mean it is ignorant right away. They are making strides .. no one doubts that .. but not all areas are seeing a big improvement so some areas may not be as good as yours yet. Have to keep that in mind .
    03-06-2015 12:46 PM
    "The junk 3g CDMA network that Sprint operates" is not a statement deserving of any kind of serious discussion or respectful response.
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-06-2015 02:36 PM
    "The junk 3g CDMA network that Sprint operates" is not a statement deserving of any kind of serious discussion or respectful response.
    As I said I could see you not liking it -- but the statement isn't without reason. The reason is due to it still being true for many. They're working but it will take time .. just like for T-Mobile ... People complain on coverage and it is a known weak point .. it will take time to fix. .
    03-06-2015 03:37 PM
    Anyone that calls Sprint a "junk network" is a troll. Read S4GRU and RootMetrics if you want objective commentary on the current state of the network.
    03-06-2015 07:17 PM
    Sprint is my primary line, and serves my wife and kids. Works fantastic.

I have a Verizon line for use in those weird areas I winds up working in where Sprint doesn't work. It's rare, but happens.

Sprint works good enough for us to average 60gb of usage a month. That would cost a fortune on Verizon.
    03-07-2015 09:18 PM
    Better than t-mobile? They got good deals. I am testing T-Mobile and reseption great but lot of edge when Vz had lte.
    Any idea's
    03-07-2015 10:58 PM
    T Mobile isn't available here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-08-2015 07:54 AM
    That is strange
    03-08-2015 10:42 AM
    It's central Wisconsin.
    03-08-2015 07:41 PM
    Hey...did you switch? If so who to and how do you like it? I'm considering leaving for this very reason!!!

03-09-2015 05:41 PM
    Mod Note :Cleaned up some posts. Per the community guidelines :

"Please send a PM to a Moderator if you have questions about any moderator action."

The community guidelines are linked to in my signature.
    03-10-2015 11:48 AM
    Anyone go to Tmo?
    03-10-2015 11:49 AM
35 12