Here is my issue. My wife has a LG G3. My cousin has a Samsung Galaxy 5. Both are in my town and both have 4G LTE. About 2-3 weeks ago their phones changed from EDGE to 4G LTE everywhere. My HTC One M8 is stuck on EDGE. I have been on the phone 4 times with T-mobile tech support regarding this issue. They said my area is EDGE only but they are in the process of upgrading the network. They will only guarantee EDGE speeds until the upgrade is complete. I have checked my phone and APN settings and it is ready for 4G LTE. When I am in a 4G LTE area I do have it so it is not the phone. Has anyone else experienced this issue and how long did it take before you got 4G LTE?
    10-24-2014 06:01 PM
    Wait a few more weeks/months for the upgrade to be completed
    beamolite likes this.
    10-25-2014 10:02 AM
    Assuming they're also both on T-Mobile...

If their devices are picking up LTE locally and yours is not -- and yours does pick up LTE in other areas -- it's likely that their devices support a band of LTE which is operational locally, whereas they may not have yet turned on any of the bands with which your phone is compatible.

And what you got was a standard boilerplate response from T-Mobile. T-Mobile's not the best when it comes to providing timely information -- as an example, consider this snippet from their site:

beamolite likes this.
    10-25-2014 11:52 PM
    Yesterday I was in an area that was always EDGE about 20 miles from my home. Now I was getting 4G LTE 5 bars. I did a speed test and I was getting 16mbps. I came home and checked on the coverage map and T-Mobile had the area showing as EDGE only. So they are upgrading, I just need to be patient in my area.
    10-27-2014 09:39 AM
    I have a drinking buddy that owns a Cell Tower Maintenance company. He told me in South Florida where we live his company is pulling out and replacing the equipment in three Metro PCS cell towers a week converting them to the new T-Mobile communication equipment.
    10-27-2014 09:59 AM
    Here is my issue. My wife has a LG G3. My cousin has a Samsung Galaxy 5. Both are in my town and both have 4G LTE. About 2-3 weeks ago their phones changed from EDGE to 4G LTE everywhere. My HTC One M8 is stuck on EDGE. I have been on the phone 4 times with T-mobile tech support regarding this issue. They said my area is EDGE only but they are in the process of upgrading the network. They will only guarantee EDGE speeds until the upgrade is complete. I have checked my phone and APN settings and it is ready for 4G LTE. When I am in a 4G LTE area I do have it so it is not the phone. Has anyone else experienced this issue and how long did it take before you got 4G LTE?
    Honolulu had LTE from before launch date 2013.However,the district I lived in East Honolulu didn't have lte until about Dec 2013 or 7-8 months later. With that upgrade however lte ended get this... my nearest bedroom pointed towards town was the only place in my house that got lte service barely. Then finally July of this year was a third upgrade I suppose? Now my whole house had great lte signal. So it took about little over a year for my house to get full lte.
    Then yesterday there was I supposed another upgrade? because my download speeds now are over 100MB download. It seems like Tmo works on individual towers or couple at a time then leave the area. Hopefully, Once they catch up they will be faster at upgrading towers.
    beamolite likes this.
    10-31-2014 01:13 AM