How long does it take for them to get my returned phone in their system?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile: can't exchange an online order in store?

I pre-order the note 4 online and have to get it exchanged online so I'll be without a phone for weeks? Can't do it in a store.... AT&T it didn't matter.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ordwynac

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Seriously t-mobile...

There should be an option to defer the trade in. When you select this, you should be able to print out a pre-paid return label that you will then use to send your old phone back within 30 days. Instant trade in is usually only done in the store as we can transfer your content and give you a phone that same day.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Apparently I am getting a new phone with another down payment and once I return this one I will get that as a refund....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Apparently I am getting a new phone with another down payment and once I return this one I will get that as a refund....

That sounds normal. Most companies will just charge ahead of time (just in case someone doesn't return it) but once they receive it they'll just issue the refund.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

That sounds normal. Most companies will just charge ahead of time (just in case someone doesn't return it) but once they receive it they'll just issue the refund.
Well I called around 10:30 and they said I woukd have an email in about an hour.... It's 1 pm and no email. Do I have to call them again?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well I called around 10:30 and they said I woukd have an email in about an hour.... It's 1 pm and no email. Do I have to call them again?

I would. I always ask the time zone as well just in case that person is in a different time zone and didn't think about it.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I would. I always ask the time zone as well just in case that person is in a different time zone and didn't think about it.
No issue with time zones. She said you should get an email about an hour from now with the new installment plan to sign. It's been 3 hours now

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Customer service is bad

T-mobile needs to fire their whole team and hire some new people because once again they don't do anything and now I have to call them again. Had to call them 5 times for a signal Booster and now on my 2nd to get a replacement for my note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Customer service is bad

That definitely does suck. So far I have had good experiences. I once had International charges when calling a US number back (it routed me out and I didn't know) -- Tweeted the CEO and he had his team take care of it. The second time was the gf and I trying Verizon .. I called T-Mobile and they said we could come back without an issue .. Went into a store and got everything swapped back (including our two individual accounts merged to one T-Mobile account) without a hiccup.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I've called again and they resent the email again so I will see what happens. If this doesn't get fixed may want to just return the phone, go to sprint and let them pay my ETF and see what happens because I don't see how much worse it can get. Seriously this is even worse then the last time I left t-mobile and that was because of horrible customer service

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I've called again and they resent the email again so I will see what happens. If this doesn't get fixed may want to just return the phone, go to sprint and let them pay my ETF and see what happens because I don't see how much worse it can get. Seriously this is even worse then the last time I left t-mobile and that was because of horrible customer service

I wish you the best of luck with Sprint. I won't try them again for a long time.. I'd take a limited data plan before that. My speeds were 0.3 Mbps average.. If I got LTE maybe 5 Mbps.. No thanks :).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I wish you the best of luck with Sprint. I won't try them again for a long time.. I'd take a limited data plan before that. My speeds were 0.3 Mbps average.. If I got LTE maybe 5 Mbps.. No thanks :).
I also might wait it out and see how bad it is with t-mobile in 24 months when I pay off the note 4 and if they impr9ve stay

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Sigh called in a 3rd time and this lady (who was nice like most of them) and still no help but this she promised to call back. Had somebody who said she would call me back with t-mobile before when I was calling them about the signal Booster so Idk if she will....

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Must be an isolated incident or perhaps the way your treating them? My 2 calls for issues in the past few years have both been pleasant in regards to dealing with TMO customer care.
The few other times i have had to call in, where there were not issues but me making changes, or checking on something or ordering the Cellular WiFi Router they offered a month ago, well those all went rather well too..

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Must be an isolated incident or perhaps the way your treating them? My 2 calls for issues in the past few years have both been pleasant in regards to dealing with TMO customer care.
The few other times i have had to call in, where there were not issues but me making changes, or checking on something or ordering the Cellular WiFi Router they offered a month ago, well those all went rather well too..

Treating them? I am polite to them and would never Act rude to them. This isn't about their attitudes either because all of them were polite. They just don't do anything they said they would . I have written my past issues with them but ill say it again

Back in 2008 I had a Sidekick LX with T-mobile and I had insurance on it. About 14 months my Phone screen just died and so I paid the deductible for a replacement which was like $80 or so. Got that one and found it didn't work either so I called them and told them that the replacement didn't work and got an option of a brand new Blackberry Pearl or a Mini Sidekick made by Motorola but i forgot the name of it. This part took me 3-4 hours to get this done. This was the Last straw and had about 4-6 months left on the Contract and just paid the ETF. Left to go to AT&T.

Now in March 2014 I went to T-mobile because it was cheaper. Got a Signal Booster because I still don't get T-mobile Service in my house but this only uses Faux 4G and not LTE. Back a month ago I noticed they now offer one with LTE so I call to return the one I have and get the LTE one. So I return it and the day after UPS says they received it ( T-mobile) I call T-mobile and they said they don't have it but will send me an email with something sign or something about something which i forgot. Now I call again a few days later and they said they got it and order one with me. a Day later I still got no notice of an order so I call again and finally this time got it ordered with free expedited shipping because of my trouble. Along with my issue with this phone I am trying to exchange where I have to do it online I think They need major help