How long does it take for them to get my returned phone in their system?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hope you can get it resolved. Not sure why you have so many issues. I actually called today due to a bill discrepancy .. 15 minutes .. resolved and good to go. Also have an iPhone for the gf that just got shipped with no hassle except for a backorder but that was understood upon purchase :).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hope you can get it resolved. Not sure why you have so many issues. I actually called today due to a bill discrepancy .. 15 minutes .. resolved and good to go. Also have an iPhone for the gf that just got shipped with no hassle except for a backorder but that was understood upon purchase :).
These people are polite just don't know what to do some of them. Talked on the phone again for a box for the signal Booster and this guy actually got a pre paid label to my email and waited for me to get it in my email. The person I spoke to last week said they couldn't at all. If I got people like him all the time I might if stayed but in my opinion I don't want to stay if I have to deal with customer service no matter if I rarely call them or not. I hope t-mobile the best and who knows might try them again a few years from now and see if they improve.

I now have to wait till these phones dissappear from my EIP part so I do t have to pay for them which would be $1,300...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
T-mobile almost wants me to just let it hit collections .....almost lol

Seriously I called them Friday and they promised this would be taken over by 72 hours and yet nothing. I really almost feel like just canceling and not paying lol. It's like they have no clue of what they are doing ...end rant

Seriously not considering it but I feel like it lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: T-mobile almost wants me to just let it hit collections .....almost lol

I seriously want to break something right now lol

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Well, just don't break your screen. I still don't know what it was that T-Mo is not getting done in 72 hours though.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Well, just don't break your screen. I still don't know what it was that T-Mo is not getting done in 72 hours though.

Pick had them do a research on my returned devices and rep on the phone said 72 hours ....seriously it's lie after lie with them. One rep said outright they couldn't email me a label to return and needed the box and waited for 2 weeks for it to never show and then called again this time they could after trying

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Can't you just take it into a store and let them handle the return? Again, I don't know how that works, but it sounds reasonable to me that a store would be able to handle them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

And the store has numbers they can call that you can't. (If they have to involve the store manager, he has even more numbers - and the original customer "service" people won't like what happens if he has to call one of them. "Pink" and "slip" are usually two of the words mentioned.)

But if the phone has to be returned, they can usually handle it for you. (If they're nice, they'll direct you to their store that handles repairs, and that store will just replace the phone for you while you wait.)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

And the store has numbers they can call that you can't. (If they have to involve the store manager, he has even more numbers - and the original customer "service" people won't like what happens if he has to call one of them. "Pink" and "slip" are usually two of the words mentioned.)

But if the phone has to be returned, they can usually handle it for you. (If they're nice, they'll direct you to their store that handles repairs, and that store will just replace the phone for you while you wait.)

I have already sent them through mail and these were bought online and these guys just told me I had to do it online as well. I am on Verizon now thank god and waiting these to fall off before I port my number but at this rate I'll be charged for another bill because of them taking forever

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Can't you just take it into a store and let them handle the return? Again, I don't know how that works, but it sounds reasonable to me that a store would be able to handle them.

I bought them online and returning the defective one and the new one.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Seriously t-mobile...

I'm not saying fair or not ...just a simple fact of paying an etf or the financed phone it's still money out of your pocket. It works as an ETF essentially for people who don't want to pay off the phone currently which works the same reason why people don't want to pay an etf. In a literal sense yes they are 2 different things.

My understanding is that when you buy your new phone and even if it turns out to be defective and you received a new one but want to return both? You still signed a contract, the paper you signed when you received your first Note 4 to obligate you to pay it off even if you leave T-Mobile early before the Note 4 is paid off. Unless you cancel with in the first 14 days. You should, I believe charged a restocking fee.
No ..my point is while you don't have a contract and don't have a fee ...you still pay something if you leave so whatever you want to call it you are taking money out of your pocket to leave ....I wasn't speaking in a literal sense ....

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 via the Coconut Wireless

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

My understanding is that when you buy your new phone and even if it turns out to be defective and you received a new one but want to return both? You still signed a contract, the paper you signed when you received your first Note 4 to obligate you to pay it off even if you leave T-Mobile early before the Note 4 is paid off. Unless you cancel with in the first 14 days. You should, I believe charged a restocking fee.

I could care less about the restocking fee and it's 20 days not 14 for online upgrades.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I could care less about the restocking fee and it's 20 days not 14 for online upgrades.

Then simply cancel if your in the 20 day grace period. Just make sure you shipped it out before the 20th day. I'm sure all this back and forth you going through is logged down with T-mobile

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Then simply cancel if your in the 20 day grace period. Just make sure you shipped it out before the 20th day

I returned it already and they relieved it weeks ago... It's still on my account.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I returned it already and they relieved it weeks ago... It's still on my account.

From what I remember when I returned a defective htc one it took about 2 month's for it to clear from my account . But it did clear.
It had a defective camera. My account showed I had 2 different htc ones on Mt account. However, I was billed for only one towards the eip. I do believe for T-Mobile any refund will take about 8 weeks to clear

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

From what I remember when I returned a defective htc one it took about 2 month's for it to clear. But it did clear.
It had a defective camera. My account showed I had 2 different htc ones on Mt account. However, I was billed for only one towards the eip

I'm not waiting and paying 2 months worth of bills to cancel my account.....

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm not waiting and paying 2 months worth of bills to cancel my account.....

If I were you in would goto T-Mobile store and speak to a manager and kindly explain you situation. And explain you want to cancel and get it writing because I f your in your 20 day grace period. They cannot hold you back from canceling you account. Do you have the records of T-Mobile receiving you 2 note 4's? If so bring that along.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

If I were you in would goto T-Mobile store and speak to a manager and kindly explain you situation. And explain you want to cancel and get it writing because I f your in your 20 day grace period. They cannot hold you back from canceling you account. Do you have the records of T-Mobile receiving you 2 note 4's? If so bring that along.

I have the 2 separate tracking numbers. I honestly think the people at the store near me are a bunch of shady people so I'll need to find another corporate store. I also don't want to cancel I want to port my number which needs to have it active

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I have the 2 separate tracking numbers. I honestly think the people at the store near me are a bunch of shady people so I'll need to find another corporate store. I also don't want to cancel I want to port my number which needs to have it active

Ok... Since it is on the way and mailed before the 20 day grace period and you have tracking records to prove it. I don't see a problem of porting your number now to your new provider Actually, I believe I once you port you current number with your new provider, your new provider will request for you the cancellation of your T-Mobile account. Once T-Mobile receives the phones it should be washed.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Ok... Since it is on the way and mailed before the 20 day grace period and you have tracking records to prove it. I don't see a problem of porting your number now to your new account and cancel right after the number is ported. Actually, I believe I once you port you current number with your new provider, your new provider will request for you the cancellation of your T-Mobile account. Once T-Mobile receives the phones it should be washed.

Yes but those EIP plans are still there which is around $1,300 let me see if I can get a pic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy