Google Music Added to Music Freedom

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
All access or everything?

Mhm.... I can download up to 20,000 songs at 320 kbps (max on google music) at one time which can lead to 6 tbs (300 mb each song, 0.3*20,000 @320 kbps = 120 GBish, doubt that'll ever happen though)

But about time. Google music is the only streaming music source I use.

Does anyone know if it music freedom works if I tether too? I.e. tether to my laptop and use google music or spotify etc.

Only all access :(

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Even if All Access is it ...that isn't too bad. If you really need to music for free you can use internal storage or one of the other free services.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
proof?

it's all he says she says for the moment until someone from tmobile can actually confirm.

It really isn't though. Stream your library for an hour and check usage ... Stream all access for an hour check usage ... If one goes up and the other doesn't it is pretty easy to spot.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It really isn't though. Stream your library for an hour and check usage ... Stream all access for an hour check usage ... If one goes up and the other doesn't it is pretty easy to spot.

Someone on Howard forums said they set the audio quality to high and streamed for an hour from their personal library and their data didn't move according to #web#

Give me the weekend and I'll test it when I have time on my hands.

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
...so if I bought a Led Zepplin album from the Google Play store, and uploaded a copy of "The Slip" from Nine Inch Nails, Stairway to Heaven wouldn't count against my bucket but NiN would? If so, that's incredibly lame, as none of the other apps on Music Freedom don't have the 'as long as you pay for the premium service' clause.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Someone on Howard forums said they set the audio quality to high and streamed for an hour from their personal library and their data didn't move according to #web#

Give me the weekend and I'll test it when I have time on my hands.
Let us know, I like to use both SoundCloud and Google play(personal)

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
...so if I bought a Led Zepplin album from the Google Play store, and uploaded a copy of "The Slip" from Nine Inch Nails, Stairway to Heaven wouldn't count against my bucket but NiN would? If so, that's incredibly lame, as none of the other apps on Music Freedom don't have the 'as long as you pay for the premium service' clause.

And there are many other choices so ... You don't have to use Google Music either. Same concept.

Also no a bought album would count in this case (if we follow how they do spotify) since you usually download them.

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
And there are many other choices so ... You don't have to use Google Music either. Same concept.

Also no a bought album would count in this case (if we follow how they do spotify) since you usually download them.

I rarely download albums I buy online, that kinda defeats the purpose. My old phone (a Lumia) had no SD card expansion, so storage space was at a premium; anything I could store 'in the cloud' I would.

So far, based on the unscientific anecdotal evidence of myself and a few people at XDA, it doesn't matter where the music came from, if you listen to it (*streaming*, not *downloading*) using the Google Play Music app, it doesn't seem to hit your data budget.There's a small chunk, which at best guess is album art and metadata.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

That's not at all a reasonable comparison. None of the other services allow you to upload your own music to them. The free versions of Spotify, Slacker, etc... are just ad-supported versions of their premium services with fewer features. The free Google Play Music is a music locker while All Access is a subscription service. They're completely different.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't streamed that much music the last few weeks, but it "appears" that my data usage is unchanged with google play music.

Anyone else?

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been tracking it directly since I have unlimited, but it appears that my data usage has gone down dramatically while my use patterns haven't changed much. I've used 11GB and have three days left in my billing cycle while in past months I've been closer to 20. And I also went through two new phones in this billing cycle, so more data usage with setting up apps and all that.