I've read in various places that setting up Google voice on T-Mobile can be a bit frustrating. Is that still the case? What steps would I need to take?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-13-2014 12:00 PM
    I had no problem setting up Google voice. One problem I had was it was initially set up to forward my voice number on to my t-mobile phone. This defeated the purpose as it then used my minutes and I am on the 100 min 5gb data walmart plan. To change this you need to go into Google voice websitea] and change the setting unticking the forward to phone. Another problem I think I had was my minutes got used and I believe it was because when I made a phone call I sometimes did it by using my phone contacts and while you get a msg box asking whether to use your phone or Google voice even if you use voice I suspect t-mobile charges you minutes. You have to remember to initiate the call from hangouts or the hangouts dialer.

Quality of the calls was fine from my home wifi but not so great using T-Mo data.

It is good for those that don't have unlimited calls or calling international (my calls to Canada are free and expensive through T-Mo)
    12-14-2014 12:04 PM
    I've read in various places that setting up Google voice on T-Mobile can be a bit frustrating. Is that still the case? What steps would I need to take?
    What part of setting up Google Voice on T-Mobile would be different from setting it up for any other carrier? The Google Voice app itself should be able to handle the configuration for you.
    12-15-2014 03:28 AM