I am now month to month. I am trying to figure out my contract moves as I am lusting after the Note Edge which in theory is supposed to drop soon on Big Red.

My contract now is 700 minutes (we never even come close so unlimited minutes isn't useful for us), unlimited texting and 2 GB for each phone. I get a decent discount from my company. There are two lines currently (my wife and mine)

I think I read here with the Edge contract; once the phone is paid off it drops down to the raw cost of the contract. Will it remain there "forever"?
    If I get two phones I pay 2 * (Phone cost/24)? If I get one phone I get 1 * (phone cost/24).
    Would I be better off buying out right and moving just to everything and more?

What would be my best option to the most data at the least cost starting under 150? Is everything and more and Edge blendable? There are so many choices and when I talk to Verizon reps the story is always different.

Any help or guidance you can provide would be appreciated.
    12-16-2014 09:07 PM
    I am now month to month. I am trying to figure out my contract moves as I am lusting after the Note Edge which in theory is supposed to drop soon on Big Red.

My contract now is 700 minutes (we never even come close so unlimited minutes isn't useful for us), unlimited texting and 2 GB for each phone. I get a decent discount from my company. There are two lines currently (my wife and mine)

I think I read here with the Edge contract; once the phone is paid off it drops down to the raw cost of the contract. Will it remain there "forever"?
    If I get two phones I pay 2 * (Phone cost/24)? If I get one phone I get 1 * (phone cost/24).
    Would I be better off buying out right and moving just to everything and more?

What would be my best option to the most data at the least cost starting under 150? Is everything and more and Edge blendable? There are so many choices and when I talk to Verizon reps the story is always different.

Any help or guidance you can provide would be appreciated.
    If you decide to buy the phones outright you might want to check out www.swappa.com. It's run buy the people at XDA developers. Really good prices
    12-16-2014 09:34 PM
    Edge is not worth it if you stay on your plan. It is a complete ripoff. You only get a discount on more everything. You get the best edge discount on the 10gb $80 plan. The phones will then be $15 each.

So two phones on edge are $110 plus the cost of edge.

Phones can range from under $20 a month to about $40 (iphone 6+ 128gb). So two expensive plans on more everything would be like $190 plus tax minus discounts.

The Note Edge is supposed to be $400 on contract. If prices are similar to the iPhone that will be a $850 phone at full price.
    12-16-2014 09:48 PM
    OK...so no Edge. I was highly suspicious of it. Hearing it helps.

So I can only seem to find "More Anything Plans". Is that all they are offering anymore? Is there any other two year contract type options available?

Also paying for it outright (while uber expensive) doesnt bother me as much as being reminded monthly of a high bill. All these new fangled plans are just ways to make it look like you are getting a deal but you are still paying for the phone. When they "subsidize" you you are still paying a cost baked into your contract.

I found this morning that maybe just buying the phone and shifting my month to month to Anything and More and I can save (in theory) 10 a month.
    12-17-2014 08:05 AM
    The line access charge for contract is $40 per month, $15 on 10gb or higher plan on edge or no contract , $25 below 10gb . right now you are paying $160/mo,or $3840 over 2 years. Add the subsidized cost of the Note edge, $800 for 2 lines or $4640 over 2 years.

On the more everything plan, you would be getting 10gb plus 2 lines for $110 plus $33.33 per phone per line or $176.67 per month. Over 2 years you would be paying $4240.

Keep in mind taxes and discounts aren't included in the above.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-17-2014 12:27 PM
    I am trying to keep my bill around 150. My average GB use for two phones is 1.35 GB...over two years.
    12-17-2014 01:50 PM
    I am trying to keep my bill around 150. My average GB use for two phones is 1.35 GB...over two years.
    You can use Google Voice for texts, that would save $20-30 off your current plan.

Otherwise, on the more everything plan , reducing from 10gb to 2gb would save you $10 a month. If you can reduce it it to 1gb then you would save $20. If you can reduce it to 500mb then you would save $40, meaning that you would be paying $136.67 plus taxes and fees for service plus edge on two Note edge phones.

Optionally, you can keep your existing phones and pay $70 for 500mb or $100 for 2gb.

Otherwise, you can also pay $800
    Per Note edge up front to keep your monthly bill down.
    12-17-2014 01:56 PM
    Since I am not a phone recycling type of a person (i keep them a while) I am probably going to pay for it upfront as to not tie in my phone costs to my line costs and not tinker with my contract even being month to month for now.

Unfortunately my instant gratification gene is kicking in and I am being blinded by getting the phone. LOL!
    12-17-2014 03:47 PM
    If money is tight, consider the Verizon moto x developer edition 32gb. It was just $200 off contract.

12-17-2014 08:27 PM